• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC In House Signing Wishlist - Update for 2023
15 15

399 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, Monstertruck97 said:

Giella, Sinnott and Romita for me. Legends.

Alan Moore!

Alex Ross would be nice. 

Lynn Varney? Find a way.

How about some celebrities and not just creators? 

If u get varley, then u gotta get frank Miller at the same time, right

Edited by juniorMC
Forgot something

I like everyone's choices, but being these cgc events r very pricey I think it best to get multi sigs in one book at one time.  With that said, ill leave the OG requests up to you and request a few names on a smokin hot new current book.  The team should be up and ready to make the promotional rounds to push the book

Matt Kindt

Doug Braithwaite

(Diego Rodriguez ,Lewis LaRosa or Laura Martin)

U didnt say no substitutes 

Thanks

Edited by juniorMC
Forgot something

Top 10 single/group signings would be:

Grant Morrison (I have so many I want signed) w/ Andy Kubert and Frank Quitely

John Ridley

Jim Lee/Scott Williams/Alex Sinclair

Jamal Igle and Jamal Campbell

Emanuela Luppachino

Peach Momoko (now that she's ubiquitous I'd like to get more items signed).

Tynion IV/Jorge Jimenez/Guillem March/Francisco Federici

Becky Cloonan/Brendan Fletcher (now that he's on the mend after his hellish year)/Karl Kerschl

Mariko Tamaki/Dan Mora

Ken Lashley

Others, just to put 'em out there: Jen Bartel, Jeffery Veregge, Joelle Jones, Dini/Timm/Kelly Puckett/Damion Scott, Alex Ross/Mark Waid and on and on.

Put me down, too, for the unlikely Alan Moore and John Byrne signings. 

I've seen a lot of these others do mail-away private signings privately over the last six months. Hickman, Gleason and Romita, Sr. just passed a deadline - I hope those that wanted those were able to find partners for that signing. 

On 3/18/2021 at 7:45 PM, Randall Ries said:

What's Lynn Varley's problem with signings? Too lowbrow?

I'm not sure that's what they meant. Maybe more that they were collaborators and more for a few decades so getting both at the same time would be really nice.

11 hours ago, SWoz said:

I'm not sure that's what they meant. Maybe more that they were collaborators and more for a few decades so getting both at the same time would be really nice.

Ah. I thought they were married or something. Varley sigs are notoriously hard to find, aren't they?

8 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Ah. I thought they were married or something. Varley sigs are notoriously hard to find, aren't they?

Miller and Varley went through a contentious divorce, which ended with them fighting over artwork and with allegations that she hid pieces from Miller in order to sell them.

I do not know of any comic that Varley has ever signed for CGC S/S.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:45 PM, Randall Ries said:

What's Lynn Varley's problem with signings? Too lowbrow?

I knew they were once married. I didn't know about the divorce being contentious, but I figured it would be as I think most are.  I do know they've worked together.  Its not like to have a signing they have to be in the same room.  Maybe no one has ever asked her do a signing.  Same thing with Glynis Oliver.  She did a signing a few years ago, I believe its probably because she was asked.  

On 5/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

As mentioned in this post @Brittany M. stated yesterday that she is continuing to seek talent for in house singings throughout this year and was seeking feedback as to who the community was interested in. 

With that said, thought it might be interesting to see a Top 3 Wishlist from everyone

Please try and limit it to 3 only, no honorable mentions, ties, etc. and this is just a wishlist so please be respectful if for example someone lists a personality that isn’t big on the auto scene.  I would keep this to living persons only though

I’ll start, in no particular order

- John Romita Sr.

- Alex Ross

- John Byrne

Too bad Byrne signs exclusively for IDW now. I have X-men 141 & 142 already signed by Claremont and Byrne would have been icing on the cake!