• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect original art session ends Monday!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I was shocked by the Batman cover. That’s a lot of money for a Batman/Robin head shot. 

I actually thought it sold cheap! It's a great cover imo and other Infantino Batman covers have sold for way more in the past! 

1 hour ago, Timely said:

I actually thought it sold cheap! It's a great cover imo and other Infantino Batman covers have sold for way more in the past! 

I agree - CLASSIC Silver Age Batman cover and one of my all time favourites.  Not sure if it's been restored or not but it looks to be in great condition.  someone got a great deal.  Had the book as a kid in 1966.

From an artistic perspective does anyone know how Carmine and Murphy drew that cover?  

I think the Infantino cover being one of the weaker ones, actually sold for a respectable price.

The Romita unpublished Spider-Man page, when I was selling it at San Diego last year, was priced at $20,000. At $9000+ it’s about where it should have sold.

The Kirby Kobra is a great drawing of an incidental character. I was offered the drawing and passed, but it so,do for about what I told the owner what it was worth.

MI