• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Art Collection For Sale

12 posts in this topic

Looking for bids on my collection if your bid interests me ill get back to you... would like to find one buyer and would probably need to be able to come out to Seattle area to pick them up they are all in Profolios and would be difficult to send but not impossible...https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=70074 you can see what i have here.

8 hours ago, Timely said:

Malvin is right. No collector will buy this and a dealer will offer 30-40% to buy it all. I'd sell these through comiclink. 

yup, once a collection gets to a certain breadth and size, there won't be a collector that will collect all of it. Any collector that does buy would only be interested in a sub set and sell the rest. You might as well do the same if you are looking to get out.  Especially if you can wait.

Malvin

You could also approach a dealer to see what they'd charge to sell the artwork for you. On a consignment basis. With ComicLink, direct sales, or consignment, you'll still need to ship the artwork. 

Edited by Hal Turner
Forgot a period

I would consign to HA and negotiate the sellers fee down. you could sell off some of it first but that might negate the incentive for the auction house to reduce your fees

or sell it off yourself, but that is work. You will see a better return with that work though.

Had I known you were going to sell it all, I would’ve hit you up for that Cap 302 page when I was interested in it. 

If you aren’t in dire straits and can be a little patient, if this health crisis get resolved in a timely manner, you might wait until Emerald City Comic Con where ComicLink or Heritage Auctions may have a booth set up to accept consignments in person. That takes care of the shipping problem. 

Hi, Solitude. I was wondering if you had made any progress in determining how you might be selling off your collection. 

There’s one (relatively minor) page you have that I was interested in, and I was curious if you had decided to go the auction route, or struck a deal with a dealer, or anything like that.