• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever yell at a comic creator?
4 4

194 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, devilsrain said:

Quality work in everything he does. If the drawing is wonky it still looks like a robot rendered it. Yes I still have it. It’s one of those things though where he had a wall of sketch covers that had normal looking hulks. And I said what the F happened with my cover, you got all those other ones face forward!???? 

I think they thought it was hilarious. And to be honest I chuckled until I remembered how much I paid for it. 

It was hard not to chuckle too for me... lol

You must be good natured cause even when you tell the story, you tell it like, "a funny thing that happened to me one day!" :tink:

All In good fun, but I've been on the receiving line of someone's hijinks too lol

You'd wipe the grin off their face, if you didn't respect/love them so much hahaha  ;)

13 minutes ago, devilsrain said:

I too am an artist and can appreciate the line work. It is pencil which is crazy but with someone like Sinnott I have high expectations. REALLY HIGH. So I when the drawing was revealed I was like wtf.  

what dont you like abt it

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It was hard not to chuckle too for me... lol

You must be good natured cause even when you tell the story, you tell it like, "a funny thing that happened to me one day!" :tink:

All In good fun, but I've been on the receiving line of someone's hijinks too lol

You'd wipe the grin off their face, if you didn't respect/love them so much hahaha  ;)

Joe is a little old man. I can’t really go after him. Mark, his son, is a big dude. I CAN go after him. lol But yea neither of them were malicious.

Nothing like Claremont losing his mind on me ......or Lee Weeks!

6 minutes ago, kav said:

what dont you like abt it

Well, it’s the back of his head. So there’s that.  Is it rendered very well? Sure. Is it the back of his head? Yea.  

Its not like Wolverine is charging him and Joe had to draw the Hulk with his back to the viewer.  Again it’s just I expected a regular head sketch facing forward. I wasn’t expecting a full figure or anything. (Meaning my expectations weren’t that high)

Edited by devilsrain

2 minutes ago, devilsrain said:

Well, it’s the back of his head. So there’s that.  Is it rendered very well? Sure. Is it the back of his head? Yea.  

Its not like Wolverine is charging him and Joe had to draw the Hulk with his back to the viewer.  Again it’s just I expected a regular head sketch facing forward. I wasn’t expecting a full figure or anything. (Meaning my expectations weren’t that high)

I think I'm confused-are we talking about a different drawing?  the one i commented on is a side view.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I think I'm confused-are we talking about a different drawing?  the one i commented on is a side view.

Yes you are correct. It isn’t the complete back of his head. It’s not exactly a side view though is it.  Since you can see the back of his head.  It’s like a 3/4 shot but in reverse. 

Joe is a little old man. I can’t really go after him. Mark, his son, is a big dude. I CAN go after him. lol But yea neither of them were malicious.

Nothing like Claremont losing his mind on me ......or Lee Weeks!

Oh ya, don't go after anyone lol and to that point, Joe Rubenstein last year had a bunch of half started sketches... and I picked one for finishing, he started by doing one thing and I think may have ended with another. It was obvious it would be Logan, so I was happy, I asked if he'd give him a cigarette..... He labeled him "Happy Logan" when I picked it up :) 

But sometimes just knowing the intent of something takes the sting out of a "different situation", imo, from this experience I've learned that if Sinnot had a bunch of stuff out for sale, he probably just wanted to make each "unique for that day". While unintentional and not meaning to be difficult, he probably thought it was the most unique of the hour or day lol I'm glad you seemingly got through it ha. I'm glad you didn't say everything you were thinking at the time :headbang: makes for a good story! 

20190504_113721.thumb.jpg.bb1af453e0df8a

Yes you are correct. It isn’t the complete back of his head. It’s not exactly a side view though is it.  Since you can see the back of his head.  It’s like a 3/4 shot but in reverse. 

are we talking abt this drawing?  it is a side view not 3/4.   It could not be better drawn in my opinion.

08266A75-D634-4D39-AF71-4F48559217DB.thumb.jpeg.865364149e4449286c214b3da107888b.jpeg

“Oh ya, don't go after anyone lol and to that point, Joe Rubenstein last year had a bunch of half started sketches... and I picked one for finishing, he started by doing one thing and I think may have ended with another. It was obvious it would be Logan, so I was happy, I asked if he'd give him a cigarette..... He labeled him "Happy Logan" when I picked it up :) 

But sometimes just knowing the intent of something takes the sting out of a "different situation", imo, from this experience I've learned that if Sinnot had a bunch of stuff out for sale, he probably just wanted to make each "unique for that day". While unintentional and not meaning to be difficult, he probably thought it was the most unique of the hour or day lol I'm glad you seemingly got through it ha. I'm glad you didn't say everything you were thinking at the time :headbang: makes for a good story!“

Yea I’m not crushed over it. lol  I’ll be ok hahaha. 

Joe Rubinstein is a cool guy. And that’s a good sketch, I’m sure it was a reasonable price too. Hes funny, he rips me every time I see him because he considers me to be too tall. 

Edited by devilsrain

Glad you like it. 

It could be like a tattoo-you start seeing  flaws and get more disatisfied with it over time unless it is absolutely perfectly executed.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

It could be like a tattoo-you start seeing  flaws and get more disatisfied with it over time unless it is absolutely perfectly executed.

I think it’s the fact that his back is in the drawing that makes me see it as a 3/4 from the rear.  Since you’ve pointed out that it’s more profile I’m actually more angry about it now.  Since i despise profile sketches. See most neal adams....or maybe Adam Hughes is a better example of cutting corners. 

Edited by devilsrain

5 minutes ago, devilsrain said:

I think it’s the fact that his back is in the drawing that makes me see it as a 3/4 from the rear.  Since you’ve pointed out that it’s more profile I’m actually more angry about it now.  Since i despise profile sketches. See most neal adams....or maybe Adam Hughes is a better example of cutting corners. 

Agree there-profile sketches are amateur 101.  I am beginning to understand now-you asked for a tattoo of a front view hulk and you got a weird side view.  doesnt matter how well drawn it is its not what you wanted.  

His rt shoulder also makes no sense and ear too far back.  The drawing is now starting to pee me off.

Edited by kav

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Agree there-profile sketches are amateur 101.  I am beginning to understand now-you asked for a tattoo of a front view hulk and you got a weird side view.  doesnt matter how well drawn it is its not what you wanted.  

Yep sorry I wasn’t more clear about that. 

I agree with you though. It’s executed perfectly. Every line has a purpose. And as artists that’s what we should aim for.  Having said that, artists are crazy and ultimately will do whatever they want.   It’s the game we play when commissioning someone.  You know how that is.  

Edited by devilsrain

Yep sorry I wasn’t more clear about that. 

I agree with you though. It’s executed perfectly. Every line has a purpose. And as artists that’s what we should aim for.  Having said that, artists are crazy and ultimately will do whatever they want.   It’s the game we play when commissioning someone.  You know how that is.  

I do a lot of portraits.  Like tens of thousands.  Often people request oh can you draw us together?  No.  I cannot.  For some reason I get overloaded trying to draw 2 people-while drawing one I am thinking about drawing the other and I go sub par.  Its just the way my mind works and I can do nothing about it.  Of course if its from a photo then its no problem I can take my time.  In real time live portraits-nope.

10 minutes ago, kav said:

I do a lot of portraits.  Like tens of thousands.  Often people request oh can you draw us together?  No.  I cannot.  For some reason I get overloaded trying to draw 2 people-while drawing one I am thinking about drawing the other and I go sub par.  Its just the way my mind works and I can do nothing about it.  Of course if its from a photo then its no problem I can take my time.  In real time live portraits-nope.

You have to be pretty good at this point. My favorite is when I’m at dinner and someone says draw me then hands me a sharpie. It’s like great thanks.  

Slightly off topic, a friend of mine is friends with an artist who is a die hard liberal (as most artists are).  He loves to buy lunch for him but the guy can’t leave his booth. So I always make sure to do a drawing on the to go bag. He rips me but still has a great sense of humor about it. 
this is my political post of the day. Hope it doesn’t trigger anyone. :wishluck:

28423830-D5BC-4EC3-8367-F9A58426B933.thumb.jpeg.d99672b45aa9e5826fec11940fb839d9.jpeg

well drawn but yes delete or you will probably get one week suspension for that.

If you can draw children that separates the men from the boys in portrait work.  many artists and 99% of comic artists just cannot draw children.  they always look like adult midgets.  children have small faces and large heads.

portrait_by_kaviart_d4hwjuq-fullview.jpg

1 minute ago, kav said:

well drawn but yes delete or you will probably get one week suspension for that.

Lol you think so?  Only if someone humps the report button.  

it’s artwork. If they want to censor me it ultimately means that the artwork influenced their emotions. Which is what art is supposed to do.