• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever yell at a comic creator?
4 4

194 posts in this topic

Just now, devilsrain said:

Lol you think so?  Only if someone humps the report button.  

it’s artwork. If they want to censor me it ultimately means that the artwork influenced their emotions. Which is what art is supposed to do. 

well you also used the L word.
Trust me, the post will get reported and you will get a strike.

4 minutes ago, devilsrain said:

Haha.  Well I didn’t say anything bad about it.  

I’ll consider it a social experiment.  

nice!
@oakman29

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, devilsrain said:

Quality work in everything he does. If the drawing is wonky it still looks like a robot rendered it. Yes I still have it. It’s one of those things though where he had a wall of sketch covers that had normal looking hulks. And I said what the F happened with my cover, you got all those other ones face forward!???? 

I think they thought it was hilarious. And to be honest I chuckled until I remembered how much I paid for it. 

As the saying goes.......it could always be worse.  For those that never saw this, back in 2007, a forum member paid Michael Golden $537 to do a Dr. Strange commission for him.  Below is the artwork, and here's a link to the story behind it.  It had a misspelled word in it (virue) and the whole piece was basically a big F/U to the purchaser.....who was not happy.

2083234094_goldenscansmallxu1.jpg.3013fb8a5d0e9b9e30435cc5feb3f19c(3).jpg.610ee6cd25fd58450238d407916f790c.jpg

47 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

As the saying goes.......it could always be worse.  For those that never saw this, back in 2007, a forum member paid Michael Golden $537 to do a Dr. Strange commission for him.  Below is the artwork, and here's a link to the story behind it.  It had a misspelled word in it (virue) and the whole piece was basically a big F/U to the purchaser.....who was not happy.

2083234094_goldenscansmallxu1.jpg.3013fb8a5d0e9b9e30435cc5feb3f19c(3).jpg.610ee6cd25fd58450238d407916f790c.jpg

I see it different.  It becomes a historic piece.  its part of the artist.  he misspells.  

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

I wish I could remember stuff before my time.  :preach:

16 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Wasn't that called the Jurassic period? :baiting:

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
21 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I wish it could all be California, I wish it could all be a California WWooooRRLLLDDD!!! :banana: 

2kXg.gif

On 5/18/2020 at 11:00 AM, Robot Man said:

No offense, but I hardly blame him. Not something that a real fan does. Obviously, someone wanting to make a buck off him. This is part of the reason we all have to pay for autographs from s creator now...

That would be an incorrect assumption.  Once I politely asked Joe Kubert if he would sign 18 cards from my x-men trading card set.  He said sure as long as it wouldn't upset anybody.  SO he signed all 18.  they are still in my collection and would never get sold.  Just because somebody has multiple items or doesn't want their item personalized doesn't mean they are selling it.  All it might mean is somebody is a real big fan.  But people get the green eyed monster and see some people take advantage of creators then they decide to charge everybody a fee because they make assumptions as you just have.

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
19 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
37 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I wish it could all be California, I wish it could all be a California WWooooRRLLLDDD!!! :banana: 

Even From Vermont!! :whee: @comicdonna

25 minutes ago, SignatureSelect said:

That would be an incorrect assumption.  Once I politely asked Joe Kubert if he would sign 18 cards from my x-men trading card set.  He said sure as long as it wouldn't upset anybody.  SO he signed all 18.  they are still in my collection and would never get sold.  Just because somebody has multiple items or doesn't want their item personalized doesn't mean they are selling it.  All it might mean is somebody is a real big fan.  But people get the green eyed monster and see some people take advantage of creators then they decide to charge everybody a fee because they make assumptions as you just have.

Especially these days when your signed book is only worth something more if it's in a yellow CGC holder (unless the creator passed a long time ago). 

3 hours ago, devilsrain said:

That reminds me of the Stan Lee cockroach. It’s legendary at this point. 

it’s true. Things can always be worse. I realize these are first world problems. 

This all reminds me of another commission piece of a monster that someone received from......Bill Sienkiewicz......I beleive.  

I just spent the last twenty minutes searching for it in the forum and on the internet with no luck.  Does anyone who doesn't stink at the search function want to try?

I can't remember all of the details, but I think the owner of it may have initially been happy with it........until someone pointed out that what initially looked like a sketch of a monster, was actually a disguised peni5 and scrotum. 

Talk about a big F/U to a customer......it was one of the funniest things I've seen in here. lol

Is that the rat looking monster with the P e n I s nose? 

I just ran a search on google. I’m not going to post what I found because I will definitely be banned.  It’s a naked Sienkiewicz holding a gun in a most offensive pose.  Jeez

i respect Bills talent and art but sometimes that guy is waaaaay off.  

Edited by devilsrain

Got it.  https://bleedingcool.com/comics/recent-updates/bill-sienkiewicz-and-the-troll/

15 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

This all reminds me of another commission piece of a monster that someone received from......Bill Sienkiewicz......I beleive.  

I just spent the last twenty minutes searching for it in the forum and on the internet with no luck.  Does anyone who doesn't stink at the search function want to try?

I can't remember all of the details, but I think the owner of it may have initially been happy with it........until someone pointed out that what initially looked like a sketch of a monster, was actually a disguised peni5 and scrotum. 

Talk about a big F/U to a customer......it was one of the funniest things I've seen in here. lol

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Yep Bill Sienkiewicz got a heavy dose on the boards for that monstrosity.  I remember it fondly.

how dare someone demand the drawing they paid for?  Three years ago?