• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever yell at a comic creator?
4 4

194 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, devilsrain said:
3 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

This all reminds me of another commission piece of a monster that someone received from......Bill Sienkiewicz......I beleive.  

I just spent the last twenty minutes searching for it in the forum and on the internet with no luck.  Does anyone who doesn't stink at the search function want to try?

I can't remember all of the details, but I think the owner of it may have initially been happy with it........until someone pointed out that what initially looked like a sketch of a monster, was actually a disguised peni5 and scrotum. 

Talk about a big F/U to a customer......it was one of the funniest things I've seen in here. lol

Got it.  https://bleedingcool.com/comics/recent-updates/bill-sienkiewicz-and-the-troll/

That's it. lol

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:
3 hours ago, devilsrain said:

Yep Bill Sienkiewicz got a heavy dose on the boards for that monstrosity.  I remember it fondly.

Yeah......here's a link to the huge forum thread about it........along with scans of the "questionable" artwork below. hm

He paid $100 up front in November, 2007 for a commission piece and then had to wait 3 years before he finally got this in November, 2010:

BillSinksketch4.jpg.f91919b3d80da52839ff8246397fcb08.jpg

BillSinksketch3.thumb.jpg.f57b13daad914ce858aa559d6ae687c9.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

54 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

That is insane.  Sienkiewicz is a giant tool.  Yeah, that’s the way business works.  I’ll pay you up front for a job and wait 3 years to get the work.  Then you draw that for me.  Screw you pal.

It certainly changed my opinion of him.  

3 hours ago, oakman29 said:

It certainly changed my opinion of him.  

likewise.  what a jabronie.

I had forgotten much about what had occurred in that huge Sienkiewicz thread, so I started to go through it a bit.

In the interest of fairness and full disclosure, about two thirds of the way through that huge thread, it does look like the artist finally came through for the board member in the end and provided him with a new piece of artwork that he was happy with.  But, of course, it still shouldn't have taken three years.

Here is a link where the board member mentions that he will be getting a new sketch from Sienkiewicz.

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

I had forgotten much about what had occurred in that huge Sienkiewicz thread, so I started to go through it a bit.

In the interest of fairness and full disclosure, about two thirds of the way through that huge thread, it does look like the artist finally came through for the board member in the end and provided him with a new piece of artwork that he was happy with.  But, of course, it still shouldn't have taken three years.

Here is a link where the board member mentions that he will be getting a new sketch from Sienkiewicz.

Remember this one from Golden.  The "Patience is a Virtue" classic.

goldenscansmallxu1.jpg.3013fb8a5d0e9b9e3

10 minutes ago, telerites said:

goldenscansmallxu1.jpg.3013fb8a5d0e9b9e3

That's funny except it's 'Patience is a virue.' I guess you can't spell-check a piece like that though.

36 minutes ago, telerites said:

Did you read a page or two back on this thread.......it was posted along with a whole discussion about it. lol

53 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

It looks like all of the original scans of the replacement piece that Sienkiewicz sent to the board member have been deleted from that thread.

However, it looks like someone edited a scan of it and posted it at the end of the thread to be funny. 

Here it is.....but you'll need to ignore the red marks on it.  Much nicer piece than the original one that the board member received from him.

BillSinksketch5.jpg.eea07ad256d21b4530646b3473f84f00.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:56 PM, kav said:

His rt shoulder also makes no sense and ear too far back.  The drawing is now starting to pee me off.

It is terrible anatomy. Since the Hulk's right hand is in the sketch try and figure out how it connects to the right shoulder.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 1:37 PM, kav said:

as an artist I have to say this is beautiful.  the line quality is top notch.  Is it pencil?  It looks like pencil but I dont know how to make brushpen strokes like that with a pencil.

it takes a lot of practice but generally you start the stroke pressing firmly down on the paper and as you go through the stroke you lift the pencil/pen/brush off the page. To create multiple strokes that all resemble each other you do the same stroke each time lifting the drawing utensil off the page in the same time frame. It actually helps to do them all one right after the other as your memory remembers how long in a space of time you need to keep the drawing tool on the page and repeat it over and over.

Try it Kav, you can do it.

**edit: it helps to use a softer lead, anything in the B range (HB, 2B, 4B, etc. )

Edited by Artboy99