• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Devil's Reign 1/2 variants...same or different?

3 posts in this topic

What's the difference between the regular, Wizard Authentic Edition, and Wizard Special Edition of Devil's Reign 1/2 (1997)?

Devil's Reign 1/2 census link: https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Devil's+Reign&publisher=Marvel-Wizard+Pub.&issue=1%2F2&year=1997&issuedate=3%2F97

Regular looks like this:
Devil's Reign 1/2 Silver Surfer Witchblade #1A

I assume that either the Wizard Authentic Edition or the Wizard Special Edition is different from the regular because of the silver "Witchblade" lettering, but I have no idea which is which.  My guess is that the silver lettering edition is the "Wizard Special Edition"...does that sound right?
Devil's Reign 1/2 Silver Surfer Witchblade #1B

The only other version of this issue that I've seen is a signed edition with the lettering of the regular version (see below).  (Also, I'm not sure what the square "hologram" in the upper left hand corner is...is this what makes this the "Wizard Authentic Edition"?)
Devil's Reign 1/2 Silver Surfer Witchblade #1WIZSIGNED

The census lists only one graded copy of the Wizard Authentic Edition, and it's a qualified 9.6, so is it possible that this signed edition with the hologram is the "Wizard Authentic Edition"?  And if so, why is it not just a regular copy with a qualified grade?

Is it possible to see what the slab indicia say for each of these editions?

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.  Thanks all.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  According to our graders the difference would be: 

The Wizard Authentic Edition was distributed signed with a hologram sticker on the cover.

The Wizard Special Edition was made with a platinum foil logo on the cover.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Thanks,