• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help

44 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

It's no big deal. Brittanyg is gone probably never to return. But she didn't ask if she could put her kids through college , just asked if they were worth anything and they are. To you making $2 to $4 per magazine might not be worth messing around with. Too look through them to see if you might have one of the few copies that sells for $100 or $30 might not be worth the time. She might be thrilled with those results. Who knows. To some people a couple hundred bucks right now is something. Hey I am fairly well off and would sell those wizards in a heartbeat. Forget 2 or 3 bucks, for 70 cents I can take some pics and put them in a box. 

No problem though. I been watching the last dance. I am like MJ in that I take every little thing as a insult against me. Your lol comment could have been harmless but I took it as this person choose what they thought was my weakest example and got smart with me. So I gave some shots back. Listing title was misleading, and maybe you did get 100 -219 or whatever it was. But usually its what's in the pictures. They didn't say complete or full run. But still, common what about the other 5 examples! Cut me a break. Haha I was just surprised at the $ those wizards brought. Not a lot but still surprising. I don't want brittanyg coming back saying, you guys told me to burn these, I could of had another month rent money, now I am homeless. 

You did right by the OP, more than any of us. And of course none of that was against you. Take care man and while you are on Netflix, check out the Ozark, that's my big quarantine discovery (obviously, I am very late to the game on that one).

Cheers and good night!

1 minute ago, William-James88 said:

oh man, you are in for such a treat! Totally agree on your assessment. Season 3 takes it up a notch like you wouldn't believe.

I was gonna watch it but will get to it sooner now. Will even make time to just watch it and nothing else now. I usually watch tv, while listing items for sale, watching auctions on ebay cc cl etc, checking in on the forum, and conversing with family all at the same time frame.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:09 PM, shadroch said:

If they are all copies of that issue, you have kindling for a nice bonfire. If they are all different issues of Wizard magazine, you still have kindling. 

Remove the bags before you toss them on the fire, they will burn cleaner.

While it does seem annoying to have people hop on here or anywhere asking "is this worth anything?", you never know how a thoughtful response could interest someone in spending time on this forum or lead them down the road of joining our hobby.  Not likely but you never know.  Wizard magazines do have a market, even if a small one.  There are people buying them especially certain issues. 

My advice would be to show exactly the issues in your possession or check eBay as others have said for issues that may be worth anything.  Throwing them up on Craiglist, Mercari or even eBay could lead to a $50 sale if they have enough issues or specific ones people are looking for.  $50 may not seem a lot to some of us dropping hundreds to thousands on comics but $50 could be a meal for someone's entire family or a stay at a local motel....or $50 to put towards an actual minor key.  lol

9 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

It's no big deal. Brittanyg is gone probably never to return. But she didn't ask if she could put her kids through college , just asked if they were worth anything and they are. To you making $2 to $4 per magazine might not be worth messing around with. Too look through them to see if you might have one of the few copies that sells for $100 or $30 might not be worth the time. She might be thrilled with those results. Who knows. To some people a couple hundred bucks right now is something. Hey I am fairly well off and would sell those wizards in a heartbeat. Forget 2 or 3 bucks, for 70 cents I can take some pics and put them in a box. 

No problem though. I been watching the last dance. I am like MJ in that I take every little thing as a insult against me. Your lol comment could have been harmless but I took it as this person choose what they thought was my weakest example and got smart with me. So I gave some shots back. Listing title was misleading, and maybe you did get 100 -219 or whatever it was. But usually its what's in the pictures. They didn't say complete or full run. But still, common what about the other 5 examples! Cut me a break. Haha I was just surprised at the $ those wizards brought. Not a lot but still surprising. I don't want brittanyg coming back saying, you guys told me to burn these, I could of had another month rent money, now I am homeless. 

Which wizards sell for $100?

12 hours ago, Myowncollector said:

If she is gone, never to return, who cares? She wasn't a hobbyist, or someone trying to learn about the hobby. She found boxes of stuff and rather than do any research, she came here in the hopes of striking it rich.  Now she is gone, and the forum is no worse off. Someone has the sum of the worlds knowledge at their fingerprints and they use it to try and get others to do their homework for them.

But lets get back to these $100 issues of Wizard. I've got a few short boxes that might contain a few. Which issues should I be looking for?

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

If she is gone, never to return, who cares? She wasn't a hobbyist, or someone trying to learn about the hobby. She found boxes of stuff and rather than do any research, she came here in the hopes of striking it rich.  Now she is gone, and the forum is no worse off. Someone has the sum of the worlds knowledge at their fingerprints and they use it to try and get others to do their homework for them.

But lets get back to these $100 issues of Wizard. I've got a few short boxes that might contain a few. Which issues should I be looking for?

As someone who has the sum of the worlds knowledge at their fingerprints then you should be able to figure it out. 

52 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

You walked right into that one. I posted pics on page 1. Might be more but can only check past 90 days easily. Any that aren't the common run of the mill would be worth investigating.

You posted a shot of some nutjob asking $100 for a common issue and accuse others of posting bad information?  Which Wizard is not common and run of the mill?

37 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You posted a shot of some nutjob asking $100 for a common issue and accuse others of posting bad information?  Which Wizard is not common and run of the mill?

How can you have 43k posts and be so clueless? Those are SOLD results. Not asking prices. 

Take your own advice that you so freely give to others Someone has the sum of the worlds knowledge at their fingerprints and they use it to try and get others to do their homework for them.

I am not a wizard magazine expert. I never claimed to be. The OP asked if they are worth anything. The answer is yes. Worth a lot I dunno. I screenshot some examples of ones that sold. Are they fmv or did someone clueless just come along? I dunno. Was seller will to ship to 3rd world countries I dunno. Like another person said. Do your own research. List some and see if you can sell them. 

55 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

How can you have 43k posts and be so clueless? Those are SOLD results. Not asking prices. 

Take your own advice that you so freely give to others Someone has the sum of the worlds knowledge at their fingerprints and they use it to try and get others to do their homework for them.

You are funny. Look at the listing again. 

43 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You are funny. Look at the listing again. 

No need to. Unlike you I did my homework. Did a little more. Will be listing some wizards this week to say the least. Thank you brittanyg. 

Day 1. How dare you come to our forum trying to make a quick buck. You got fingertips. Research it yourself! Ok then, I will tell you. They are worthless, burn them all.

Day 2. Hey. I have boxes of wizards. Please tell me what the more valuable ones are.

Day 3. Comics heating up on ebay. Now guys these aren't comics, but let me tell you this. Wizard magazines, most people dont know this but I am always ahead of the crowd and I will share my insider information with you, some issues sell for decent money. As always like comment and subscribe to shadroch comics for the best comic speculation and news anywhere.

5 hours ago, shadroch said:

I have to say, I think that's a despicable attitude to have.

For one thing, you know how to search closed eBay listings and other hobbyist sites to determine the potential FMV of comics and comic-related material. I know how to do that. People who aren't hobbyists probably don't know. She probably did use Google, she found this site. She should have been shown a little more kindness.

If not because that's the human way to deal with people (although it is), then out of enlightened self-interest; we should want people who have comic-related material of unknown value to ask the actual hobbyists about it. The alternative is the fast track to get stuff thrown out. Or burned. And sometimes that's not just issues of Wizard, you know. More than a few rarities, in more than a few collecting hobbies, have been lost forever exactly thus.

56 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

No need to. Unlike you I did my homework. Did a little more. Will be listing some wizards this week to say the least. Thank you brittanyg. 

Day 1. How dare you come to our forum trying to make a quick buck. You got fingertips. Research it yourself! Ok then, I will tell you. They are worthless, burn them all.

Day 2. Hey. I have boxes of wizards. Please tell me what the more valuable ones are.

Day 3. Comics heating up on ebay. Now guys these aren't comics, but let me tell you this. Wizard magazines, most people dont know this but I am always ahead of the crowd and I will share my insider information with you, some issues sell for decent money. As always like comment and subscribe to shadroch comics for the best comic speculation and news anywhere.

I know what the magazines are worth. I also know you said some issues of Wizard are worth a hundred dollars. I also see the book you claim sold for $100 on multiple sights for $7-10. Let us know when you list yours. We'll see how they do. Personally, I haven't had anyone ask about them in years.  Now that you have shown they can go for $100, perhaps there will be a run on them.