• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your Top 5 rewatchable MCU Movies?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2020 at 3:56 AM, bb8 said:

I've been re-watching some of these with my kids. They wanted to see them all in the order they came out. I didn't see them all because they've watched some at my ex-wife's house too. I've been really surprised at how much I've enjoyed re-watching these. These are some super fun movies that I think will stand the test of time, at least as great action/sci-fi movies.

Is it safe to say that super-hero comic book movies are their own genre now?

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Is it safe to say that super-hero comic book movies are their own genre now?

I'd buy that - but broaden it to just "superhero" films, which would include some amazing superhero flicks, like

• The Matrix
  • Hancock
  • Robocop

7 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'd buy that - but broaden it to just "superhero" films, which would include some amazing superhero flicks, like

• The Matrix
  • Hancock
  • Robocop

Not sure about Matrix, but I see your point. Hancock and Robocop work the same way as many other superheroes, with Robocop still being borderline pure  sci-fi genre to me. I see movies of dystopian futures with advanced technology or post-apocalyptic environments as pure science fiction.

Regarding Matrix, if Blockbuster Video was still a thing and there was a superhero section, I think you'd still put Matrix in the Sci-Fi section with Star Wars and Alien movies.

With the glut of superhero movies and the rise of Marvel Studios, these movies seem to all have similar storytelling characteristics that can probably qualify them as a separate genre now.

IRON MAN

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

THOR: RAGNAROK

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

THE INCREDIBLE HULK(yeah, I'm the guy who actually likes this movie!)

Oh boy!

1. Iron Man 2: Seriously, the many separate scenes (race track, prison escape, drunk party fight, hammer dance, war machine...) are so memorable in themselves that regardless of if the connective tissue of the overall movie is weak I still keep wanting to revisit this MCU film more than any other.
  2. Spider-Man: Far From Home: While I think the first entry in the series was the better movie overall, I just can't quit wanting more Mysterio, and being amazed how perfectly he was depicted. Easily one of the top three comic-to-movie translations of a character yet.
  3. Nothing else...I really don't have much urge to revisit any other MCU films more than the first couple viewings (Though if Ant-Man gets stuck in my head again then both his movies can share a slot here)
Edited by Sauce Dog

3 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Oh boy!

1. Iron Man 2: Seriously, the many separate scenes (race track, prison escape, drunk party fight, hammer dance, war machine...) are so memorable in themselves that regardless of if the connective tissue of the overall movie is weak I still keep wanting to revisit this MCU film more than any other.
  2. Spider-Man: Far From Home: While I think the first entry in the series was the better movie overall, I just can't quit wanting more Mysterio, and being amazed how perfectly he was depicted. Easily one of the top three comic-to-movie translations of a character yet.
  3. Nothing else...I really don't have much urge to revisit any other MCU films more than the first couple viewings (Though if Ant-Man gets stuck in my head again then both his movies can share a slot here)

To each their own. It’s what makes them great. I forgot Thor: Ragnarok myself when I first posted this thread. it's in my top 5. I love GoTG though and they should be included as one. SM-FFH I love to but it's a top five list! GoTG is a true teams Super hero movie. Captain America: The First Avengers is totally under rated and what a true Super Hero is but the key word here is, not the best, the most rewatchable film.

Edited by Xenosmilus