• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

July Heritage Auction Sorta Shaping Up!
3 3

519 posts in this topic

This one has a ton of great artwork.  Maybe not a big A++ piece yet but a ton of solid B material that could potentially be in my price range.

The one surprise to me is they are probably more than 1/2 way done listing items for this auction and not a single Charles Schulz piece yet.

Edited by batman_fan

56 minutes ago, cstojano said:

This caused a stir at it's last hammer, as I recall. Back on the block...or is this a different piece?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/joshua-middleton-nyx-3-cover-and-concept-art-x-23-first-appearance-original-art-marvel-20-total-4-/p/7231-119051.s

Yup, same lot that sold for $72K in 2017.

8 hours ago, cstojano said:

This caused a stir at it's last hammer, as I recall. Back on the block...or is this a different piece?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/joshua-middleton-nyx-3-cover-and-concept-art-x-23-first-appearance-original-art-marvel-20-total-4-/p/7231-119051.s

7 hours ago, malvin said:

ok, what's everyone's take, over or under the 2017 finish? mine is under. Then again I didn't think it would hit $72K then.

Malvin

It’s difficult to call where the hammer will fall on this. 

The fact is that this is THE most key X-Men comic to come out in modern times, placing it at the uppermost echelons of modern superhero OA covers. 

The problem is that anymore who would have a real emotional connection to this comic or the character, is too young and unlikely to be player in this right now, unless they’ve have had some early career success.  So anyone buying this now, aside from liking the art (which is great), would be paying up for the historical importance and possibly on a speculative basis that there is a good chance that this art will appreciate in the coming decades. 

My gut feeling is that there is enough ‘perceived’ value built into this page from the speculative aspect alone that it has a good chance of going over what it went for a few years ago. 

7 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Some more great art recently added:

Stevens Chelsea Girl

Sal Buscema Avengers 69 cover

dave stevens.jpg

sbuscema avengers 69.jpg

Gotta get that and have Los Hermanos add the logo/paste ups.

9 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Sal Buscema Avengers 69 cover

dave stevens.jpg

Scrolling this my screen showed only the portion of your post that I quoted above, which made think "Which one of the Avengers is she?"

The Nyx art sold last in 2017, the same year the movie Logan came out. I have to imagine there was a great deal of speculative hype around X-23 at the time. I'll be surprised if it hits or exceeds the previous hammer. That said, there aren't a lot of big modern 1st appearances and this is one of the bigger ones.