• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

July Heritage Auction Sorta Shaping Up!
3 3

519 posts in this topic

Just now, jjonahjameson11 said:

Kirby Strange Tales 101 pages = $96K

Kirby xmen 4 Splash = 132K

Kirby FF 95 cover = 114K

Strange Tales was strong.

The other two are weak.  

The FF 95 cover is very weak - it sold for $95.5K at Hake's in 2013.  Think it got traded to a dealer who consigned it.  It was so low that I considered throwing in a last second bid. 

9 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Strange Tales was strong.

The other two are weak.  

The FF 95 cover is very weak - it sold for $95.5K at Hake's in 2013.  Think it got traded to a dealer who consigned it.  It was so low that I considered throwing in a last second bid. 

Those 2 Strange Tales pages were AWESOME! Not too surprised at all on that one.

25 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I know it is an important piece.. but visually it is not very interesting. But I guess three people love X-23!

With this kind of art I guess I am totally out of the loop, I had really no idea what this is about.  

1 minute ago, bluechip said:

I was hoping the Marvel Tales cover would go under the radar and not many bidders would recognize the Spider-man figures as one of the most often used images in Spidey merchandising.  

I think expecting one of the most often used images in Spidey merchandising to go under the radar is an oxymoron xD

Malvin

3 minutes ago, malvin said:

I think expecting one of the most often used images in Spidey merchandising to go under the radar is an oxymoron xD

Malvin

Yeah.  If I was the consignor I would've insisted on it being mentioned.   I see that they did correct the original attributions to Don Heck.  It struck me as possible but unlikely and no slight meant to Heck but I didn't see any signs of him in the piece and didn't fully understand why anybody would've thought so in the first place.  

Edited by bluechip

1 hour ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Why Kinda? They said it was all romita when auctioning

Interesting...they changed the description.  Was: Romita layouts, finishes by Heck, and inks by Esposito, so I totally ignored it.  

now I see that it was corrected at a later date, listing Romita Sr as the sole artist.

Very frustrating cause had I known, I would have bid