• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help in identifying these pages
1 1

7 posts in this topic

The top piece seems to be a page from Warp Special #1, published by First Comics in 1983, with Howard Chaykin pencils. The GCD notes the colorist as George Freeman, tho' the signature on your guide here suggests Bruce Patterson.

The bottom piece seems to be from the first issue of the First Comics run of E-Man also in 1983, art by Joe Staton with colors by Bruce Patterson.

Edited by ATKokmen

On 5/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

The first image is page 2 of Warp Special #1, but the colouring doesn't match the published version.  The comic was published in 1983, but Patterson's signature says 84.

The guides don’t always match the final printed version. I have one by Neil Adams for Showcase 80, which I know is authentic, and there are some colors which are different.

37 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

The guides don’t always match the final printed version.

... "guides"... 

Well, that definitely makes them different from blueline colors !!!

On 5/19/2020 at 12:25 AM, Rick2you2 said:

The guides don’t always match the final printed version. I have one by Neil Adams for Showcase 80, which I know is authentic, and there are some colors which are different.

Your colour guide may be authentic, unless it's by Neil Adams, but Patterson's Warp colour guide looks nothing at all like the published version,

23 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

Your colour guide may be authentic, unless it's by Neil Adams, but Patterson's Warp colour guide looks nothing at all like the published version,

Hmmm. Well it does have a FIRST COMIC stamp on the back so it does seem official. However, I know very little about the process of coloring back in the day before digital.