• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

467 posts in this topic

Some guy named Sean Fingh has a photo League of Extraordinary Gentleman #3 signed Alan Moore Yellow Label 9.8 on myslabbedcomics.com.  I am so jealous of you, whoever you are.  I tell you what, I’ll trade you a box of 9.8 signed Liefield Supreme’s for it if you’re reading this and interested.  I know you tagged that it’s not for sale but the deal is so awesome that I’ll  be waiting patiently for your response.

A570167D-B19B-40F5-B073-EA4AEF123C9B.png

I hate that Marvel polybaged these.  At first I thought it would keep the issue in better condition by keeping in the plastic bag it came in but then I recently learned that the bag will damage the comic.  When I heard that, I ran and opened my copy up.  The back is F---ed up because of it.  I love your copy.  I have 3 raw copies in my pursuit of a 9.8.  We should start a John Totleben Competitive set in the registry.

Panini sold them without polybags. I managed to transport that book all the way from Rome in my luggage so a 9.4 was okay with me. 

On 4/24/2020 at 7:28 AM, seanfingh said:

Michael lovingly created almost every book in his collection - sourcing the 9.8 copies and arranging to have the signatures done. Nearly every book has multiple signatures. I have owned several of his dupes and was involved in many of the same signings that created his copies.  One of the finest gentlemen in the Sig Series game, and someone that I grudgingly had to admit, very early on, loved Sandman even more than I did!

I found Mr. Fingh!  Please show us more.  Maybe we can start a collection fund to get you a scanner.

8 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Some guy named Sean Fingh has a photo League of Extraordinary Gentleman #3 signed Alan Moore Yellow Label 9.8 on myslabbedcomics.com.  I am so jealous of you, whoever you are.  I tell you what, I’ll trade you a box of 9.8 signed Liefield Supreme’s for it if you’re reading this and interested.  I know you tagged that it’s not for sale but the deal is so awesome that I’ll  be waiting patiently for your response.

A570167D-B19B-40F5-B073-EA4AEF123C9B.png

I gave this book away years ago.

Just now, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’m sorry to hear you’re selling your stuff.

Dont be sorry. I loved all my books, but after a while they owned me. Now I just make it rain like Pac-Man Jones all thanks to the Yellow Label.

7 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I hate that Marvel polybaged these.  At first I thought it would keep the issue in better condition by keeping in the plastic bag it came in but then I recently learned that the bag will damage the comic.  When I heard that, I ran and opened my copy up.  The back is F---ed up because of it.  I love your copy.  I have 3 raw copies in my pursuit of a 9.8.  We should start a John Totleben Competitive set in the registry.

It's truly amazing, baffling and sad how badly Marvel :censored: up every single thing about the handling (including reprinting) of Miracleman after they acquired the property.

7 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Sweet.  I got worried for a second.  Thought your Mom needed a kidney or something.

Thanks for the concern. I’ll take your mom to Red Lobster with some of my Alan Moore bread. Is she on Tinder?

1 minute ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Red Lobster?  Wow you’re first class.  She’ll be impressed.  Normally she goes to Long John Silver’s.

We can do LJS - it’s sort of like reading Tales from the Black Freighter.  

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Amen to that Lazyboy1000000.  You got any 9.8 reprints or are they as rare as an honest politician?

Nah, the only ones I have are a bunch that I got for $1 each. The bags were pretty trashed, but the books were decent (~9.0)

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Nah, the only ones I have are a bunch that I got for $1 each. The bags were pretty trashed, but the books were decent (~9.0)

I’m nervous to buy these through the mail.  I don’t want to accumulate 50 of them in pursuit of something that probably only 3 people on planet Earth give a bleep about.