• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
10 10

467 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

Woah, in that condition? That's officially in the Top #6 of the highest comics of its like - there's none above 9.2.

The only grader notes.... "Right Bottom Whole Book Bend"....

16 hours ago, jokiing said:

Thanks... I bought it new off the racks in '82.

Congratulations and kudos for keeping that copy in such nice shape!  (thumbsu

I've been looking for a high grade copy forever but I'm afraid it's going to run away on price.  Really impressive copy!

2 hours ago, jokiing said:

The only grader notes.... "Right Bottom Whole Book Bend"....

was curious if you had it pressed? it's ok to say no, just curious if the "press" didn't take the bend out lol 

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

was curious if you had it pressed? it's ok to say no, just curious if the "press" didn't take the bend out lol 

Had it pressed by a board member that a bunch of us love to send work too.... Just got it back recently and was thinking of asking his opinion about the bend (which I actually don't see in the slab). Imagine climbing above the 9.2 mark.

Edited by jokiing

Just now, jokiing said:

Had it pressed by a board member that a bunch of us love to send work too.... Just got it back recently and was thinking of asking his opinion about the bend. Imagine climbing above the 9.2 mark.

Ya no worries and it presents great, I guess I was just curious :foryou:

I don't usually press except in extreme cases like a high dollar book and it opportunity arises lol

I did buy a slab the other day that was a 9.4 and had an overlap bend, I guess I was curious if it happened after slabbing or if indeed it is a 9.4.

I'll take it as a 9.4 for the win!

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

Congratulations and kudos for keeping that copy in such nice shape!  (thumbsu

I've been looking for a high grade copy forever but I'm afraid it's going to run away on price.  Really impressive copy!

Thanks...

I did a bit of research and not many out there.. a few 7's and 8.'s sold on ebay recently but no data available on GoCollect and not much on the auction sites... good luck with your search.

I have been trying for years to get a 9.8 of this TPB.  I finally got sick of waiting and sent in this unread copy.  Just got it back from CGC and was thrilled that it didn't get lower than a 9.0.  Luckily I still have the copy I bought when it first came out so I can still enjoy the badass Totleben watercolor paintings that grace the introduction.  Even though it's a 9.2 it's still the highest graded copy, however, it is the only one in the census so it is also the lowest graded copy.

Z0 Swamp Thing TPB 1 a.jpg

Z0 Swamp Thing TPB 1 b.jpg

51 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I don’t see how anyone gets 9.8’s on these trade paperbacks.  People will pay over $1500 for the Olympus one.  That being said, I think you have the right idea buying it raw and sending it in yourself.

True lol

But is it even worth it sending it in in that condition though ?~