The Alan Moore Appreciation Thread
5 5

219 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I think Moore has said something along the lines of he feels the material is amateurish and he wouldn't feel right charging people to read it these days.  But in the past he allowed it to be posted online for free.  I've lost the link and have no idea if it's still authorized, but if you look I'm pretty sure it's still out there.

I have fond memories of it, especially the treatment the X-Men got.

Captain Marvel Jr #23: January 20, 1954 - fifth mention of Marvelman Jr. (Young Marvelman) in text form. The penultimate issue before the title was changed to The Young Marvelman, Captain Marvelman Jr. in issue #24 ~

Added notes: Very bright cover with a strip of sellotape to spine edge. This has made the rear cover 3/4 inch spine edge transparent.
s-l1600.jpg

Spoiler

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

On 6/9/2020 at 9:44 PM, jokiing said:

Recently back from CGC....

_MG_6110.jpg

Well done, that's a stunner!

I was very fortunate to land this one, but I certainly can't take the credit for being the one who bought it off the racks lol

IMG_20200918_164722643.thumb.jpg.c357252f4be481afabcd6f052e8b5f7b.jpg

5 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

According to GCD, Moore's contribution is a just a re-coloured reprint from Doc Stearn... Mr Monster #3

Boo.  Thanks for letting me know.  I should have researched that before I bought it. I’m not a fan of collecting reprints