• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic Four #6
2 2

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, migmtl76 said:

Won't CGC downgrade alot with the missing piece near Dr. Doom's shoulder? 

Yes, That and the surrounding creases are the biggest issue. Depending on the size of the chip you are looking at a 3.5-4.0 hit IMO. Top staple wear and other edge/corner issues plus edge tanning cost you the rest of the hit. If any staples become detached the grade will drop hard.

Throwing this out to a few other folks for their thoughts.
@Deadpoolica @theCapraAegagrus @Azkaban @comicginger1789 

Edited by ChrispyC66
typo

1 minute ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Yes, That and the surrounding creases are the biggest issue. Depending on the size of the chip your are looking at a 3.5-4.0 hit IMO. Top staple wear and other edge/corner issues plus edge tanning cost you the rest of the hit. If any staples become detached the grade will drop hard.

Hey thanks man. Yeah I compared to graded copies and I think it will take a big hit. 4.0 if I'm lucky. Staples are loose.

8 hours ago, Primetime said:

it's a small piece out, not a chunk. (thumbsu

G/VG (3.0)

Yeah I guess it's a small piece. I generally don't like to get a comic like that but it's not as bad as other deffects.

16 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Yes, That and the surrounding creases are the biggest issue. Depending on the size of the chip you are looking at a 3.5-4.0 hit IMO. Top staple wear and other edge/corner issues plus edge tanning cost you the rest of the hit. If any staples become detached the grade will drop hard.

This is my opinion.

4 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

@comicginger1789 @The Lions Den @Deadpoolica @Harry Lime 

:baiting:@theCapraAegagrus 
You guys are great for responding to the call :headbang:

Ok @migmtl76 I’ll admit I was high on my original estimate. What can I say, I’m a sucker for old FF’s :). I’ll revise my grade to a 4.0.

I'll look at and try to grade an old book any day of the week! 

22 hours ago, ChrispyC66 said:

@comicginger1789 @The Lions Den @Deadpoolica @Harry Lime 

:baiting:@theCapraAegagrus 
You guys are great for responding to the call :headbang:

Ok @migmtl76 I’ll admit I was high on my original estimate. What can I say, I’m a sucker for old FF’s :). I’ll revise my grade to a 4.0.

Yep, the old FF's are great. It really was "the world's greatest comic magazine!"    :preach: