• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

500 Bucks in store Credit
2 2

66 posts in this topic

Way more than $500 in store credit. 

This is why I always say if you want to sell, sell them on your own.

And...  I am sorry for your loss of your brother. 

Edited by Buzzetta

That's so AWESOME  @Karl Liebl :tink:

And the ASM 39 8.0 alone is worth $500++

I hope it was worth the wait! I know you hung in there, you now have a collection that I am a little jealous of :headbang:

I hope it brings you JOY

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

And...  I am sorry for your loss of your brother. 

Yes, sorry for you're loss, I'm glad you have the memories, and to many more :foryou:

2 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

So I have come full circle.  I inherited these books from my dead twin brother.  a lot of people laughed  and cast derision when i said a Pasadena shop offered 500 bucks in store credit only.  But is that the real worth?  Who Knows?  I do now because of this website and the advice i found here.  I pulled the expensive books i bought from the photos these are all original childhood books. it is very very difficult to get a 9 in these old books....im miffed a comic shop would lowball so much  there are 100 more  But here you can clearly see well over 500 buck in store credit.

yes, unfortunately there are some shops out there that would try and take advantage of those less knowledgable so always best to use tools at your disposal before making sudden decisions .... I assume this thread though wasn’t to confirm that the value was lowballed as it appears you inherited these books raw ~ 2 years ago

2 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

yes the FF13 is signed by Jack Kirby and the Howard the Duck is signed by Frank Brunner

if the book was signed by Kirby wouldn’t it be a green label?

EDIT: I see CGC seems to have done blue labels on unwittness sigs probably before they created the green labels

as others have echoed, sorry for your loss .... looks like you are enjoying the books and the memories

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

I’m happy that you rolled up your sleeves and did some research to find the boards and get educated on what you have.  That shop owner makes my skin crawl thinking about how many people he’s probably taken over the years.  I’m sorry for your loss but think your bro has a big smile on his face seeing how your cared for his collection.

There are some shops out there that amaze me how they stay open. The number of comic shops that close has to be pretty high I would think. Ok so you walk in there and even if you have clueless written on your forehead, don't know a thing about comics and their value and ripe for being taking advantage of, why would you be interested at all in store credit haha. Least offer cash! And a grand sounds way more impressive than 500 bucks. Grand cash you might of never found your way here. Personally I would go into that shop every year with these pictures and reminisce about that time they offered you $500 store credit for all these. Oh what did you do with that collection? I got educated and sold them for thousands of dollars while you worked 70 hour work weeks making a $1.50 a book and playing table games with teenagers. 

6 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

So I have come full circle.  I inherited these books from my dead twin brother.  a lot of people laughed  and cast derision when i said a Pasadena shop offered 500 bucks in store credit only.  But is that the real worth?  Who Knows?  I do now because of this website and the advice i found here.  I pulled the expensive books i bought from the photos these are all original childhood books. it is very very difficult to get a 9 in these old books....im miffed a comic shop would lowball so much  there are 100 more  But here you can clearly see well over 500 buck in store credit.

E81A23E0-1C13-4EF7-8A77-E91886C0845C_1_105_c.jpeg.7da137da5c3925a604920e96e680efc7.jpeg

5CE01F04-42D0-4183-BE25-791609DCB072_1_105_c.jpeg.13dd7b9673221c00aa8d49aa63b51dfa.jpeg

AFF839AA-FDA4-49D0-B898-EE91474B7D62_1_105_c.jpeg.c3e315fb6053e0ff2178cd8d667b8392.jpeg

Discuss!

I live in Pasadena. Which store? Has to be Collectors Paradise because Comics Factory doesn't buy comics (at least they didn't)

16 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

AFF839AA-FDA4-49D0-B898-EE91474B7D62_1_105_c.jpeg.c3e315fb6053e0ff2178cd8d667b8392.jpeg

Discuss!

Your brother had great taste in comics. Love that FF49 :cloud9: