• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the non-MCU films you rewatch most? ;-)

26 posts in this topic

My most re-watched non-MCU comic movie is easily Constantine (give us a sequel and show us a live-action relationship with Shark King, you cowards!), a distant second is The Dark Knight Rises (surprising, as I didn't like the movie on my first watch)

Other movies off the top of my head (I'm sure I'm going to remember something obvious later): Bloodsport, John Wick, Moonstruck, Rocky, and the Lone Wolf and Cub series (NOT Shogun Assassin)

Edited by Sauce Dog

Logan

Watchmen

Blade 2

Hellboy 2

Dredd

Batman Begins

Batman vs Superman Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition / Director's Cut

Deadpool / Deadpool 2

Batman Complete Animated Series

Man of Steel

X-Men 2

X-Men Days of Future Past

Edited by Ken Aldred

36 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

X-Men Days of Future Past

Great list. But this film deserves even more appreciation than it receives. I think at this point Bryan Singer hadn't become that phone-it-in director that started disappearing from production sets FOR DAYS ON END.

Even when Logan wakes up and has to fight his way out, you could tell this was going to be a different type of comic book-sourced production.

My micro reviews on some

• 300 (boring to me)
  • Batman Begins (slow as all heck)
  • The Dark Knight (single handedly convinced me to get into Batman)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (gets a lot of hate but I still enjoy it. Not as great as the second of course but entertained me a lot more than the first did)
  • Deadpool (hilarious and well done)
  • Deadpool 2 (meh...was neither great nor bad)
  • Hellboy (was fun, have never watched sequel because I don't want to ruin a decent film)
  • Kick-Azz (enjoyed)
  • Rocketeer (fun little movie)
  • Spider-Man (first time seeing Spidey on big screen so this holds a special place in my heart, even if the Green Goblin's costume stinks)
  • Spider-Man 2 (might be one of my most favourite superhero movies of all time...great casting, great story, great action)
  • Spider-Man 3 (should have just been about Sandman and set up Venom for the next film...a mix of good moments, terrible moments, good castings and terrible castings)
  • V For Vendetta (love it)
  • Watchmen (love it)
  • X-Men (good fun)
  • X-2 (more good fun)
  • The rest from this run (brutal)
  • X-Men: First Class (was okay but I think I am in the minority of just not loving teams, outside of the FF. Once they were ruined I had no desire to tune back in)
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (terrible abomination of a good story)

I know the topic is which ones do you rewatch the most and I'll be honest, I am a one and done movie guy. I pay very good attention when watching a film and often find no desire to revisit it. In fact, I find watching stuff I have seen boring and a waste of my time. To that end, I have seen Dark Knight a couple times, ditto for the Spideys and Watchmen and V for Vendetta. That aside I have no urge to watch moments I have already experienced. To much new stuff to do in life. 

Edited by comicginger1789

On 5/22/2020 at 5:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

This is such a fantastic film. And truly a comic book-sourced production.

This scene always gets me. 

My favorite of the 3 and every bit as good throughout as the first half of the original MIB. Griff is one of the cooler characters to appear in a SF fillm!