• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How CGC handles pedigree submissions - boards and bags
2 2

7 posts in this topic

I'm preparing my first submission and I have some "Oakland copies."  They have a bag board and sticker indicating place of purchase, condition, etc.  I recall that CGC will not return bags and boards... is that true for pedigrees as well?  I'd be fine if CGC does not recognize authenticity for any reason they so desire, but I'm concerned if they do not return the bag/board with label and do not recognize the pedigree.  Seems silly but am I correct to worry or would they return the bag/and board under these circumstances.  https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree/ is helpful but it does not state how they handle items I mentioned.  Thanks in advance!

• Administrator

@nesta please email our customer service team at the address below. Please note that our "non-operations" teams such as customer service are mostly working from home and are not available via phone at this time. Thank you

submissions@cgccomics.com 

22 hours ago, nesta said:

I'm preparing my first submission and I have some "Oakland copies."  They have a bag board and sticker indicating place of purchase, condition, etc.  I recall that CGC will not return bags and boards... is that true for pedigrees as well?  I'd be fine if CGC does not recognize authenticity for any reason they so desire, but I'm concerned if they do not return the bag/board with label and do not recognize the pedigree.  Seems silly but am I correct to worry or would they return the bag/and board under these circumstances.  https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree/ is helpful but it does not state how they handle items I mentioned.  Thanks in advance!

When I sent in a Edgar Church pedigree book, a paper from Metropolis Comics identified it as such. I made a photocopy of the original, and I sent that along with my shipment. It turned out fine for me.

15 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

When I sent in a Edgar Church pedigree book, a paper from Metropolis Comics identified it as such. I made a photocopy of the original, and I sent that along with my shipment. It turned out fine for me.

This.