• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LIVE PANEL TONIGHT ON COMIC ART COLLECTING!
2 2

189 posts in this topic

EPISODE 3 - Tonight at 9 PM EST.

This evening ComicArtFans.com Owner Bill Cox gets together with Glen Brunswick from PanelPageArt.com, Mike Burkey from Romitaman.com, and Will Gabri-EL from ComicArtPage.com to talk about Comic Art LIVE, Comiclink's results, and more...

Edited by glenbru

1 hour ago, glenbru said:

EPISODE 3 - Tonight at 6 PM EST.

This evening ComicArtFans.com Owner Bill Cox gets together with Glen Brunswick from PanelPageArt.com, Mike Burkey from Romitaman.com, and Will Gabri-EL from ComicArtPage.com to talk about Comic Art LIVE, Comiclink's results, and more...

Can someone send Burkey a mic!! or at least earbuds with a microphone @romitaman

Tonight Bill, Mike, Glen and Will, will be joined by an as yet unknown guest (Will G knows, but he's not telling) who will give us the details on a true original comic art tragedy from many years ago. We'll also be doing our usual Q&A with viewers in the stream, so we hope you tune in for another episode of Comic Art LIVE!  9 PM EST.

Another good episode! Burkey needs to lock the door, some dude just come wondering in right in the middle of the episode ; )

Jon is a live wire, one can only imagine how wild his San Diego Comic Con stories get! 

Thanks guys, these are very entertaining!

Edited by gumbydarnit

As fate would have it we've found out a few days ago that a Dealer we've spoken about in prior episodes is visiting with Mike Burkey tonight and they've agreed to chat with us on our live stream this evening! No names this time around again like our last mystery guest, but we promise it's going to be an interesting show!

9 PM EST.

Skipped most of the 1st half since I've heard/read about the X-Men 1 art story previously.  I might go back to it later.

I was interested in the discussion about shows later in 2020.  I agree with the consensus that no big show (i.e NY Comic Con) was going to happen.  And that even much, much smaller shows would be in doubt for the rest of 2020.  It sounded like NYCC was really on @romitaman to buy booths so NYCC can get $$$ to pay for Javits.  Ticketing for NYCC normally happens in May and June, so that window's passed and there hasn't been a peep.

58 minutes ago, Will_K said:

Skipped most of the 1st half since I've heard/read about the X-Men 1 art story previously.  I might go back to it later.

I was interested in the discussion about shows later in 2020.  I agree with the consensus that no big show (i.e NY Comic Con) was going to happen.  And that even much, much smaller shows would be in doubt for the rest of 2020.  It sounded like NYCC was really on @romitaman to buy booths so NYCC can get $$$ to pay for Javits.  Ticketing for NYCC normally happens in May and June, so that window's passed and there hasn't been a peep.

Will- I live right outside of NY and work in the City and I see no way that they will be having a show of that magnitude any time this year. I have also heard the same thing Mike said from a local dealer who sets up there that they were pressuring him to pay for tables... I wonder what they are thinking?

NYCC ain't gonna happen this year.  Too many populous states currently trending upwards (and quickly!!); a second, potentially more virulent wave predicted for the fall...no...not happening this year unfortunately.

Edited by pemart1966

10 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

NYCC ain't gonna happen this year.  Too many populous states currently trending upwards (and quickly!!); a second, potentially more virulent wave predicted for the fall...no...not happening the year unfortunately.

I agree with everyone above...

Just weird to me that the girl from REED-POP told me 100% the NYC October 8-11 show was happening, and they wanted the balance of my $6650.00 for my booths ASAP

(They already got $2000 from me as a down payment in February and insisted i pay my balance ASAP or i lose my booths)

Edited by romitaman

7 hours ago, romitaman said:

I agree with everyone above...

Just weird to me that the girl from REED-POP told me 100% the NYC October 8-11 show was happening, and they wanted the balance of my $6650.00 for my booths ASAP

(They already got $2000 from me as a down payment in February and insisted i pay my balance ASAP or i lose my booths)

Mike - do you know of any other dealers getting the same pressure?

Given the current COVID climate I don't know how in the world REED-POP can make the statement that the show is happening 100%.  They haven't yet sent out anything re ticket purchases as far as I know and if they have I haven't received anything.  In normal circumstances, ticket messaging would have started by now.  In fact, the bulk of ticket purchasing would probably have been concluded by now.

Are they going to credit you $2000 for next year if this year's show doesn't happen?

Edited by pemart1966