• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LIVE PANEL TONIGHT ON COMIC ART COLLECTING!
2 2

189 posts in this topic

Really got interested when Mr. Giella (I think it was around the 46 minute mark) was about to get into the art as art.  Not sure if this is a direction this particular group of panelists wants to go, but I would be super interested to hear analysis/critique/etc about this stuff as art and not just a bunch of nostalgia.  If we think this stuff will be hanging in museums, let's hear why from a critical perspective.  Just a friendly suggestion, enjoy the stories too.

Another good show. For those of us who been in the hobby for a while but not regular convention goers, it’s cool to get to know the big players a bit better. Kinda like Felix’s podcast it brings the community just a little bit closer.

For example after Felix’s interview Albert Moy, I heard his stories and when I had a chance to talk with him at a Dallas show it was very pleasant and I actually had a conversation jumping off point thanks to the podcast. The same will hold true next time I speak with Burkey and who ever shows up at the next comic art con. This is really good for the hobby and I’m sure it will help the guys bottom line... by letting other collectors know them and feel comfortable approaching them with possible trades or consignments. 

Keep up the good work guys and enjoy the 4th.. PLEASE keep the comic art away from the fireworks!

I figure among DC's most memorable series (seared into a generation's brains)...

Killing Joke... Watchmen... Dark Knight Returns

KJ will ultimately have the highest cost to acquire.

Purely based on it having the lowest page count among the 3 and that just about every page is "grail worthy".

I'm more of a Silver-Age/Bronze-Age collector but I did read The Killing Joke 25 years ago so I understand it's significance. 

I think the one thing that the Comic Art Live group failed to mention, and which is why I think these pages go for a boat load of money is....... There is only one book! And there are only 50 pages in the book. And the people buying these (unless it is for investment) are probably more partial to the story and it's significance then just the quality of the art.

Regardless if some one thinks the art is the best or just average, there is a very small selection of choices to obtain.

This is a question of supply and demand, and the supply on KJ is very, very small. While I would prefer a Steve Ditko Spider-Man page, there are several hundred out there (not all are that good) and only 50 KJ pages. If I decided (I wouldn't), that I would like one of each, I would buy the KJ page first.

"CAF LIVE CHAT TONIGHT AT 9PM WITH ME , BILL COX ,WILL G AND INKER SCOTT HANNA

I ESPECIALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT JOE SINNOTT WITH SCOTT

Thanks,
Anthony Snyder (Owner / Operator)"

Saw this posted on the comicart-l list
Edited by Twanj

12 hours ago, Twanj said:

"CAF LIVE CHAT TONIGHT AT 9PM WITH ME , BILL COX ,WILL G AND INKER SCOTT HANNA

I ESPECIALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT JOE SINNOTT WITH SCOTT

Thanks,
Anthony Snyder (Owner / Operator)"

Saw this posted on the comicart-l list

Anthony is great. Arguably my favorite dealer.