• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LIVE PANEL TONIGHT ON COMIC ART COLLECTING!
2 2

189 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2020 at 9:00 PM, Twanj said:

"CAF LIVE CHAT TONIGHT AT 9PM WITH ME , BILL COX ,WILL G AND INKER SCOTT HANNA

I ESPECIALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT JOE SINNOTT WITH SCOTT

Thanks,
Anthony Snyder (Owner / Operator)"

Saw this posted on the comicart-l list

"twanj" is anthony???

wow...never knew that! :)

10 hours ago, romitaman said:

"twanj" is anthony???

wow...never knew that! :)

:) just trying to get the word out since the hosts didn't post about it here

LOL not Anthony Snyder (that's why his words were in quotes) but twanj is a joke nickname for Anthony = (an)toine+j

I'm a different Anthony, I just bout the Ron Lim Avengers pinup from you a few weeks ago.

Edited by Twanj

1 hour ago, Twanj said:

LOL not Anthony Snyder (that's why his words were in quotes) but twanj is a joke nickname for Anthony = (an)toine+j

My freshman year college roommate would invite his high school circle of friends to come down and party with us every now and then. One of their friends was nicknamed “Twan.” So I’ve known the score since day one 😉

2 hours ago, Twanj said:

:) just trying to get the word out since the hosts didn't post about it here

I'm a different Anthony, I just bout the Ron Lim Avengers pinup from you a few weeks ago.

Interesting factoid on your screen name! Pronounced like Strangé (the perfume from the movie Boomerang)?

This evening at 9 PM EST, Bill, Mike, Glen and Will chat with comic artist and restorer James Pascoe about his past work in comics for Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and Valiant, among others.. James is available for hire to replace missing logos and lettering on comic book and comic strip art and to do cover re-creations and commissions. Please contact him with any questions or for a price quote. (CAF Gallery: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=28354)

If you're talking about making stats and logos, can you ask where they would draw the Line on what they will or won't do?  Making stats for a sketch so it can be made to look like an unused cover for dealers is Cool or not?

18 hours ago, Marwai said:

If you're talking about making stats and logos, can you ask where they would draw the Line on what they will or won't do?  Making stats for a sketch so it can be made to look like an unused cover for dealers is Cool or not?

I see what you did there! hm

On 7/28/2020 at 12:14 PM, glenbru said:

This evening at 9 PM EST, Bill, Mike, Glen and Will chat with comic artist and restorer James Pascoe about his past work in comics for Marvel, DC, Dark Horse and Valiant, among others.. James is available for hire to replace missing logos and lettering on comic book and comic strip art and to do cover re-creations and commissions. Please contact him with any questions or for a price quote. (CAF Gallery: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=28354)

After listening to the podcast I sent off 2 pieces to James.  He was professional all the way! He catered to me, my questions & my worries.  The art came out great! I'd highly recommend him!

1 hour ago, Timely said:

After listening to the podcast I sent off 2 pieces to James.  He was professional all the way! He catered to me, my questions & my worries.  The art came out great! I'd highly recommend him!

Fantastic! Care to share the before/after results?