• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Plastic Man (“Eel” O’Brian) Appreciation Thread

36 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, goldenacase said:

I just picked this up on ebay so time to give this thread a :bump: I have always loved the skull cover!

s-l1600-66.jpg

Me too. One of the best Plastic Man covers. And what a great way to get such a classic book. Generally, who cares about the back cover anyway. My copy has a married centerfold. I don’t care one bit considering what I paid for it. 

I found this years ago in a small collection of buttons I bought. I was told it was a advertising premium for a bread company in the 1940’s. I immediately, thought of Plastic Man. Characters were often swiped for commercial purposes. What do you think?

FB3C0C10-0364-4105-B620-59D57A5DCB04.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I found this years ago in a small collection of buttons I bought. I was told it was a advertising premium for a bread company in the 1940’s. I immediately, thought of Plastic Man. Characters were often swiped for commercial purposes. What do you think?

FB3C0C10-0364-4105-B620-59D57A5DCB04.jpeg

It might be but there isn't sufficient detail to be certain.  It just as easily could be another superhero or just a generic masked hero image.

Great thread.

Jack Cole was incredibly talented.

I only have the Archive reprints and no old stuff to contribute here.  :frown: