• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Magazines in high grade!
2 2

66 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

We could do what I did as a kid, we take all our comics, lay them out on the floor upside down and take turns picking.  :hi:

You guys know the back covers as well as the frontshm

5 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I'm bumping this thread for anyone that may be interested in books that are left.  I'll be listing a few more books tomorrow night.  Feel free to pm with any questions or offers.  Thanks for looking!  (thumbsu

:popcorn:

I'm not going to get where I need to for listing tonight.  I will list more books tomorrow but in the meantime, feel free to take any of the books before this post @ 20% off.  Again, most, if not all, of these books look better in hand than they do in the scan.  Feel free to PM with any questions or offers.  Thanks for looking!  :headbang:

Edited by Randall Dowling

On 5/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Vampirella 11, May 1971, VF+ 8.5, $120, Classic Frazetta cover, Woman with Scythe, is one of the most iconic of the run. So much so that the book they used it again on (Creepy 91) goes for good money now. Interiors by Tom Sutton, Dave Cockrum, Ken Barr, and Jerry Grandenetti. A nice glossy copy of this super classic.

Vampirella 11_f.jpg

Vampirella 11_b.jpg

At 20% off...take

On 5/29/2020 at 6:36 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I'm just posting one very special magazine tonight but will have a dozen or so to be listed tomorrow.  Here is one of my favorites of vintage magazines_

Nugget 1, 1955  November 1955, if you don't know what makes it special, allow me to share.  There are 3 pages with illustrations by Matt Baker including one that is a stunning montage of many classic Baker women around the perimeter (I've hidden that image for those that are uninterested in seeing Baker's incredible drawing of women in their birthday suits).  This copy is a VG at worst, probably better but I'd rather be more conservative on grade.  There's a CGC 5.5 for sale on eBay for $360.  This copy is $90.

625615319_Nugget1_1955_f.thumb.jpg.de73c3a71d99e35fd5c4844dab42cf96.jpg

55271602_Nugget1_1955_b.thumb.jpg.e47998667452621043133f8a277dd8b4.jpgIMG_4728.thumb.jpg.ecd3fd6c7665c79f3028349513ef174f.jpgIMG_4730.thumb.jpg.dc88c41f807102abe98bb3b910bb9cb2.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4729.thumb.JPG.649bcfadc6cc47c919a143e904b39793.JPG

20%off?  How can I not?

FB76139F-70C2-4464-946A-268B908F90F7.gif.3088bfef9ecdf2b9349bd608962b7d8b.gif

On 5/19/2020 at 8:38 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Vampirella 12, July 1971, NM- 9.0-9.2, $120, Cover by Manuel Sanjulian (yes, that Sanjulian!). The Spanish Invasion begins here with a Vampirella story by Jose Gonzalez. Other artists include Jeff Jones, Wally Wood and Frank Brunner. Very pretty copy of this tough book.

Vampirella 12_f.jpg

Vampirella 12_b.jpg

20% off eh?  Yep :takeit:

Vampirella 34, June 1974, VF 8.0, $30, Cover art by Enrich Torres, interiors by Jeff Jones, Esteban Maroto, Jose Gonzalez, and more.  The cover for this book is, for me, one of the most timeless and stylish covers of the run.  Compositionally, it's a home run and incredibly tough due to the white cover (with a black cover that often left rubbing on the copy below!).  Love it!!

Vampirella 34_Front.jpg

Vampirella 34_Rear.jpg

Vampirella 36, September 1974, NM- 9.2, $110, Gorgeous front cover by Manuel Sanjulian with an incredible back cover by Enrich Torres!  Thick square bound with 80 pages, incredibly tough in high grade due to the square binding and the metallic gold ink on the cover.  Interiors by Jose Gonzalez, Jose Ortiz, Esteban Maroto, and more.  Sold to piper

Spoiler

Vampirella 36_Front.jpg

Vampirella 36_Rear.jpg

Sold!

Vampirella 42, May 1975, NM 9.4, $100.  Cover art by Enrich Torres.  Interiors by Jose Gonzalez, Rafael Aureleon, Luis Garcia and more.  This is a pretty sweet copy.  My personal copy is only marginally better.  Glossy and bright with stunning fresh white pages.  Very hard to find better.

Vampirella 42_Front.jpg

Vampirella 42_Rear.jpg

Vampirella 27, November 1973, NM- 9.2, $100, Cover by Enrich Torres with interiors by Esteban Maroto, Luis Garcia, Jose Gonzalez and Wally Wood!  This copy had deep black color and gloss with beautiful pages, solid and tight.  The color section by Maroto is just stunning!  Sold to piper

Spoiler

Vampirella 27_Front.jpg

Vampirella 27_Rear.jpg

Sold!

Eerie 7, January 1967, F/VF 7.0, $45, Nice attractive copy with stack rubbing on the back and other wear.  Still, very solid with great pages.  This is the iconic Frazetta cover, Sea Witch.  Interiors by Gene Colan, Steve Ditko, Johnny Craig, Jerry Grandenetti, and more.

Eerie 7_Front.jpg

Eerie 7_Rear.jpg

Eerie 10, July 1967, NM 9.4, $80, Awesome white cover by Gray Morrow!  Interiors by Roy Krenkel, Steve Ditko, Joe Orlando, Dan Adkins, Neal Adams, Jerry Grandenetti and Gene Colan (what a line up!!).  This copy is stunningly white and clean.  Looks as fresh as the day it was printed.  Sold to Taylor G

Spoiler

Eerie 10_Front.jpg

Eerie 10_Rear.jpg

Sold!