• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warren Magazines in high grade!
2 2

66 posts in this topic

Vampirella 31, March 1974, VF+ 8.5, $45, Classic Frazetta cover “Luana” (also used for the movie poster). Interiors by Jose Gonzalez, Rafael Auraleon, Richard Corben, Esteban Maroto and more!  Sold to piper

Spoiler

Vampirella 31_f.jpg

Vampirella 31_b.jpg

Edited by Randall Dowling
SOLD!

Vampirella 72, September 1978, NM 9.4, $50, Cover by Enrich Torres and it is awesome! Super clean copy of this mag with interiors by Jose Gonzalez, Rafael Auraleon and Esteban Maroto and more!  Sold to JRBaxter

Spoiler

Vampirella 72_f.jpg

Vampirella 72_b.jpg

SOLD!

Vampirella 89, August 1980, NM- 9.2, $40, Cover by Enrich Torres and one of my favorites for the run! Interiors by Jose Ortiz, Rudy Nebres, Rafael Auraleon, and Nestor Redondo.  Sold to Taylor G

Spoiler

Vampirella 89_f.jpg

Vampirella 89_b.jpg

SOLD!

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

Eerie 13, February 1968, VF/NM 9.0, $45, Cover by Vic Prezio. This copy comes from a run of Eeries that I purchased, many of which have a rubber stamp from the store that sold them saying “plus tax”. These books all have the unusual quality of retaining the spring of the book at the spine (indicating not being stored in a warehouse or other place in stacks or otherwise being crushed) along with beautiful gloss and color. This book has interiors by Angelo Torres, Reed Crandall, Joe Orlando, and Al Williamson.

Eerie 13_f.jpg

Eerie 13_b.jpg

Really tough book in high grade.  

i'll take it tv land GIF by YoungerTV

2 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

Creepy 48, October 1972, VF 8.0, $45, This is a very tough book to find a nice white cover on. The scan is very inaccurate as this book is very fresh and white in hand (my scanner is oddly hard on white cover books). Interiors by Jerry Grandenetti, Johnny Craig, Al Williamson, Wally Wood, John Severin, and Reed Crandall. That's all.

Creepy 48_f.jpg

Creepy 48_b.jpg

Take

Just now, Stevemmg said:

We could do what I did as a kid, we take all our comics, lay them out on the floor upside down and take turns picking.  :hi:

I'm in!  Let's do it! :banana:

After that, we can do  a round of flipping with 70s Marvels!  :insane:

1 minute ago, Stevemmg said:

We could do what I did as a kid, we take all our comics, lay them out on the floor upside down and take turns picking.  :hi:

I’m bringing my 20 copies of Marvel Comics Presents 90 to that game.

Just now, Randall Dowling said:

That one bad buy is going to haunt me forever, isn't it?  :facepalm:

Honestly, the trading at that convention guide/guide for low grade SA books probably got most of our money back out of them.  I’ll probably have the rest forever though.

6 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

Honestly, the trading at that convention guide/guide for low grade SA books probably got most of our money back out of them.  I’ll probably have the rest forever though.

That was all you, buddy.  In retrospect it was a valuable lesson for not much money.  But talk about getting suckered in!  That chump Greg Buls really hyped MCP 90 and Woverine 50.  :censored:

2 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

That was all you, buddy.  In retrospect it was a valuable lesson for not much money.  But talk about getting suckered in!  That chump Greg Buls really hyped MCP 90 and Woverine 50.  :censored:

Yeah, it saved me thousands in the dot com bubble.  I had seen it before. 😀

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

Vampirella 31, March 1974, VF+ 8.5, $45, Classic Frazetta cover “Luana” (also used for the movie poster). Interiors by Jose Gonzalez, Rafael Auraleon, Richard Corben, Esteban Maroto and more!

Vampirella 31_f.jpg

Vampirella 31_b.jpg

:takeit: