• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman vs Thor
2 2

226 posts in this topic

I just watched a, well, let's call it "interesting" video on YT. The narrator claimed that, basically, speed is the only reason (Worlds of DC) Superman would best (MCU) Thor in a fight. "If speed were equal, Thor would win."

I don't agree. As most of us know, Superman is simply OP.

Are there any legitimate arguments as to how Thor could compete with, or possibly defeat, Superman?

What if there was a star made entirely of Kryptonite and a new Mjolinir was forged of Kryptonite.

We know Supermans weakness, and arguably Batman bested him, so if a man can best Superman then why not a God...which makes me want to listen tooo....

And the answer is at 2:52

Edited by Hollywood1892

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Are there any legitimate arguments as to how Thor could compete with, or possibly defeat, Superman?

Thor has a massive mallet whilst Supes is known only to have a small ball-peen.

7 minutes ago, G G ® said:

Thor has a massive mallet whilst Supes is known only to have a small ball-peen.

True but keep in mind supes has a massive mullet tho.

Was the mullet part of Superman's standard look at this point ...

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Knock Supes down and pin him to the ground, chest down by placing Mjolinir across his back.

I'm not sure how OP the writers have Superman at the moment, but I could see them saying he has the power to just burrow through the earth, Mjolnir falling off on the other side. 

5 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

I'm not sure how OP the writers have Superman at the moment, but I could see them saying he has the power to just burrow through the earth, Mjolnir falling off on the other side. 

Since Mjolnir reacts to gravity it should stop moving in center of earth and supes just flies off.  Not to mention if pittsburg steel plant can melt mjolnir earths core should demolish it with ease.
The Peerless Power of Comics!: This Old Hammer

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yes....I'm pretty confident this shows that Thor would be able to beat the ever-loving snot out of him.

Edited by Domo Arigato