• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman vs Thor
2 2

226 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Superman is invulnerable, an unstoppable force and an immovable object. Nuff said.

I had to reread that lol

I thought you meant like IH 182, instead you mean the same person who is invulnerable, is also unstoppable and immovable? 

24 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Superman is invulnerable, an unstoppable force and an immovable object. Nuff said.

Actually, green rock says otherwise. 

image.png

All Thor has to do is bling out the Hammer. 

Edited by cgcsketcherz

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

he puts it on you. it isnt avoidable.

Dr Srange could put him thru a portal to red sun planet.  Or red sun directly.

I would have to say Superman.  

Superman is DC's #1 powerhouse.  And in the DC vs. Marvel limited series joint venture, Marvel paired him up with..... the Hulk; who got spanked.

I do believe that the reader of that series got to pick the winners of each round, (I could be wrong on that.)

My point is, Thor wasn't even the one chosen to go up against Superman. He beat Captain Marvel.

It's like even Marvel comics knows that Thor falls short and Hulk was their best shot.

Proof that superman is more powerful is that DC didnt have him engage in slugfests.  Thor and hulk were always getting in evenly matched slugfests continuously.  hercules, wendigo, abomination, Mr Hyde, Executioner, the list goes on and on.

When I was a kid, I used to get into this argument with my best friend about who would win between Superman and the Hulk.  He'd say the Hulk couldn't be beat because he'd just get stronger as he got madder.  I, of course being the big Superman fan that I was, said Superman would simply throw the Hulk into the sun... game over.  So I'll say the same here... Superman would simply throw Thor into the sun... GAME OVER!!

Edited by EastEnd1

17 hours ago, WeR138 said:

I would have to say Superman.  

Superman is DC's #1 powerhouse.  And in the DC vs. Marvel limited series joint venture, Marvel paired him up with..... the Hulk; who got spanked.

I do believe that the reader of that series got to pick the winners of each round, (I could be wrong on that.)

My point is, Thor wasn't even the one chosen to go up against Superman. He beat Captain Marvel.

It's like even Marvel comics knows that Thor falls short and Hulk was their best shot.

I have a Marvel Treasury with a team up with Superman and Spiderman and there is a brief fight with Superman and the Hulk where Superman basically wills himself unmovable and the Hulk is punching at him but accomplishing nothing. 

Always hated that.

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Sounds soooo lame.

it is. He says something like "if I dont want to be moved no force on earth can move me" and just stands there while the Hulk smashes away at him. The teenage Hulk fan me hated it, and now the 55 year old version of me feels the same.

edit. found a pic

hulkvssupes4.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

2 hours ago, EastEnd1 said:

When I was a kid, I used to get into this argument with my best friend about who would win between Superman and the Hulk.  He'd say the Hulk couldn't be beat because he'd just get stronger as he got madder.  I, of course being the big Superman fan that I was, said Superman would simply throw the Hulk into the sun... game over.  So I'll say the same here... Superman would simply throw Thor into the sun... GAME OVER!!

Superman can grab Thor by his long and flowing hair and accelerate to light speed then let go.  Thor will shoot out of the solar system and his hammer which can do maybe 200 mph tops will be unable to halt his progress.  later dude.

Edited by kav

On 5/22/2020 at 11:19 PM, faster friends said:

I’d say he’s extremely resilient rather than invulnerable, otherwise Doomsday wouldn’t have been able to kill him.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, Artboy99 said:

he puts it on you. it isnt avoidable.

So, it's like, absolutely immediate? Superman can't react to seeing/hearing it? Is there any criteria as to how it moves him? Can he fight it?

I'm just thinking about the Bifrost as the portal, in which I think Superman could simply avoid.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:14 PM, Artboy99 said:

I have a Marvel Treasury with a team up with Superman and Spiderman and there is a brief fight with Superman and the Hulk where Superman basically wills himself unmovable and the Hulk is punching at him but accomplishing nothing. 

Always hated that.

Pre-Crisis?

On 5/23/2020 at 12:14 PM, Artboy99 said:

Always hated that.

I remember buying that off the stands in the mid 70s and thought that's stupid.  I was a Marvel zombie but thought Spidey had to have kryptonite webbing to last more than a few pages.  And yeah, I distinctly remember that panel with Supes and Hulk and was sorely upset.  I would have been 12 or 13 when it came out.  But just the idea of a the companies crossing over was like gold to me.  

P.S. - Those treasuries cost me like a month's worth of allowance - I did better in the summer because I got more for mowing the lawn. :D

Edited by telerites