• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

This is now canon in my head as to why the cut is being released, and I shall forever refuse to believe otherwise. :roflmao:

Martha jokes - definitely original. (: lol

Surely by 2021 Cinema's will be re-opened in some form.

4 hours of ZS full length JL surely would be better on the big screen?

And Gal Gadot - has there ever been an actor better cast than her -  she IS  Wonder Woman :x

19 minutes ago, Red84 said:

So a mediocre movie is going to have an hour and a half of extra footage added that was previously cut because it wasn't good enough. How can the four and a half hour version NOT be citizen kane?!?! :banana:

lol

The drama runs deep with this one.

58 minutes ago, Beige said:

Surely by 2021 Cinema's will be re-opened in some form.

4 hours of ZS full length JL surely would be better on the big screen?

And Gal Gadot - has there ever been an actor better cast than her -  she IS  Wonder Woman :x

Not for me. I’m going to watch Justice League like I did The Irishman. Home projector, six Bose speakers, three bathroom breaks.

39 minutes ago, Red84 said:

So a mediocre movie is going to have an hour and a half of extra footage added that was previously cut because it wasn't good enough. How can the four and a half hour version NOT be citizen kane?!?! :banana:

I’m a movie lover and not a fanboy so I know the new version of JL could still suck as bad as Sucker Punch. But I hope not. This cut would have to be drastically different than what we saw before in order to win me over. If half of the movie was changed, it could make a difference. But apparently it will be two thirds so I’m rooting for it.

14 minutes ago, Grails said:

I’m a movie lover and not a fanboy so I know the new version of JL could still suck as bad as Sucker Punch. But I hope not. This cut would have to be drastically different than what we saw before in order to win me over. If half of the movie was changed, it could make a difference. But apparently it will be two thirds so I’m rooting for it.

I might be the only person who liked Sucker Punch. :sorry:

1 minute ago, Red84 said:

I might be the only person who liked Sucker Punch. :sorry:

That movie worked for some here including my daughters but I just couldn’t get into it. And I was excited for it as soon as I saw that badass trailer with Zeppelin.

58 minutes ago, Grails said:

Two-thirds? Snyder noted in the announcement we only saw 25% of what he filmed. And this is based on his crew that worked with Whedon to finish the film.

So this is either going to be Howard the Duck or The French Connection. Because modern films can't stand out on their own.

(:

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Two-thirds? Snyder noted in the announcement we only saw 25% of what he filmed. And this is based on his crew that worked with Whedon to finish the film.

So this is either going to be Howard the Duck or The French Connection. Because modern films can't stand out on their own.

(:

That’s right, so even better. Should be a completely different movie.

I have to say the title alone is great. It can’t be a Directors Cut because he’s not really cutting his own film.

So where is the twenty to thirty million needed to finish this coming from? I assume HBO is picking up this tab? I wonder how much of that is going into CGI. Or paying actors to return for new scenes.

3 hours ago, Grails said:

I have to say the title alone is great. It can’t be a Directors Cut because he’s not really cutting his own film.

So where is the twenty to thirty million needed to finish this coming from? I assume HBO is picking up this tab? I wonder how much of that is going into CGI. Or paying actors to return for new scenes.

I believe it is AT&T that is funding the finishing touches to the film. Andy Signore has been very outspoken about NOT wanting the Snyder Cut. So when he reached out to the reporter that broke the news early something was going on (John Aaron Garza), he got a little surprise there was news coming soon about its release.

But it is interesting how unique this situation is, as WB had to cave due to fan demands. Even more than Richard Donner's Superman II which took 26 years to occur. And it now demonstrates yet again how streaming services can save a production like has occurred with cancelled TV shows or long delayed films.

Edited by Bosco685