• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

ugh, she has an annoying voice

lol

I'll give you that. There was a time she was such a voice of reason and very well-informed about the film industry. Now when those rare occasions comes up, the voice is what kills it.

35 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

lol

I'll give you that. There was a time she was such a voice of reason and very well-informed about the film industry. Now when those rare occasions comes up, the voice is what kills it.

it is also in her delivery. Similar to how I feel when Captain Janeway speaks in Star Trek Voyager.

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

it is also in her delivery. Similar to how I feel when Captain Janeway speaks in Star Trek Voyager.

Oddly enough, her followers love that delivery style and consider her as unique. No matter what it is she reports on. I don't get it.

Ray Fisher says Cyborg's story in Zack Snyder's Justice League, director Zack Snyder's original vision for Justice League never released into theaters, will "hit some hearts" when it restores the filmmaker's plans for the superhero who is part man, part machine. After briefly introducing the character alongside other future league members in 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Snyder described the story of Victor Stone — a star athlete who lost his mother and most of his organic body in an accident before being saved by his father, Silas Stone (Joe Morton), who used alien technology to rebuild his son with cybernetic enhancements — as "the heart of the movie."

"Cyborg in Zack Snyder’s Justice League, he's not a happy camper by any stretch, but I don't think anybody would be if you had just lost everything that you've known about yourself," Fisher told TheNiceCast. "Your body, you've lost your mother, you've lost your ability to play football, one of the defining things that you've established for yourself. You've lost a sense of yourself, and it's about finding that again, finding that humanity again."

Crediting the work of Snyder and screenwriter Chris Terrio, Fisher added plans for Justice League originally touched on deeper themes not present in the theatrical version completed by Joss Whedon.

"There's a ton of allegory with respect to that in being a Black man, and just the journey that Black people have taken in this country," Fisher said. "It can go as deep as you will allow it to, and I thank my stars that I was in the capable hands of Chris and Zack to be like, 'Listen, how far are we going to take this? This can hit some hearts, man. It can really hit some hearts.'"

For Snyder's film now undergoing work to release on the HBO Max streaming service next year, Fisher added, "Knock on wood, everything goes according to plan and we get this thing out here in 2021. But knock on wood, it does hit some hearts."

On 5/23/2020 at 7:23 PM, Red84 said:

So a mediocre movie is going to have an hour and a half of extra footage added that was previously cut because it wasn't good enough. How can the four and a half hour version NOT be citizen kane?!?! :banana:

More like 3+ hours. Most of the JL Theatrical Cut is not Zack Snyder content.

As it has been mentioned by others on social media:

If you want(ed) the Snyder Cut, do not pirate it. Sign up for HBO Max (or buy media) when it drops. If they don't see a meaningful financial reaction to this project, then they (studios) are not gonna care about fandom outcry. They need an incentive.

‘The Snyder Cut’ Deal & How It Came to Be, Explained by HBO Max Content Chief Kevin Reilly

In an interview with Business Insider, HBO Max Content Chief Kevin Reilly talked about the discussions for The Snyder Cut, how long they were in talks, and what it was that finally pushed the conversation past the finish line. There aren’t a lot of details here, and they likely won’t ever fully come out, but Reilly does confirm what most have suspected, that the Cut would only ever come about if a ton of legal issues were sorted out well in advance of any actual deals to move ahead with production. After that, well, it’s all business as usual.

Here’s what Reilly said:

"I forget when Zack and Deborah [Snyder] first gave us the sense of where they were heading, but even from that meeting, me and my team felt it was something we really wanted to do. There were a lot of issues involved to figure out how we could deliver on his vision, and a myriad of legal issues. We’ve been sitting on this for quite some time but working on it. It was obviously a secret project given the high level of interest, but we were chipping away at it piece by piece. There was some strategy but also some serendipity in how we got over the hurdle of some of those issues just before the launch [of Max]."

As for what 'some of those issues' were, Reilly says:

"That’s a whole separate interview [laughs]. Let’s file that as a follow up."

WB executive egos.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:01 AM, Beige said:

4 hours of ZS full length JL surely would be better on the big screen?

I’d be tempted to give it a try, but I’m too attention deficient to focus continuously for that long at the cinema. Well, anywhere, really.

Edited by Ken Aldred

31 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

In the Snyder cut, it would be cool if each hero gets a chance to "land" on top of Diana.

I hate that Whedon shot so much. Can you even imagine having to act that out?

Humor only works when it fits. Just like Rhodey's "Cheez Whiz" comment in Endgame being god-awful.

10 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I hate that Whedon shot so much. Can you even imagine having to act that out?

Humor only works when it fits. Just like Rhodey's "Cheez Whiz" comment in Endgame being god-awful.

Supposedly it was Gal Gadot's stunt stand-in as she wouldn't shoot the scene.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Supposedly it was Gal Gadot's stunt stand-in as she wouldn't shoot the scene.

Good for her. Too bad for her double. lol

Imagine being a self-proclaimed "feminist", but writing/shooting scenes like this, and the same thing with Banner and Romanoff in Age of Ultron...

Whedon's a great director, but come on, these are just cringe scenes.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Good for her. Too bad for her double. lol

Imagine being a self-proclaimed "feminist", but writing/shooting scenes like this, and the same thing with Banner and Romanoff in Age of Ultron...

Whedon's a great director, but come on, these are just cringe scenes.