• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Grails said:

...with the outlet raising concerns about how giving in to the Release the Snyder Cut movement sets a dangerous precedent when it comes to demanding things from studios...

You would think that the studio’s mission would be the same as any other business: give the consumer what they want.

Not just the studio, either. The film's production team and their own actors, too.

That would be interesting if it pans out.  I thought MoS was great, as was the Ultimate Cut of BvS.  I have high hopes for the Snyder cut of JL, and would like to see more of what he had mapped out for the DCEU.

I enjoy the Marvel movies tremendously, but I also very much enjoyed the "darker" elements of what Snyder was doing with the DCEU.

From the Mark Hughes interview:

• About 90% (estimated) of the Snyder Cut film was completed
  • $20-$30M is to finish the CGI, any minor reshoots, soundtrack and packaging
  • There is at least one scene that needed to be reshot which will require a few of the actors back
  • This is expected to be 6 episodes versus one long film release to meet HBO Max show expectations
  • We would have gotten the Snyder Cut in late 2020 if not for the pandemic impact

Just now, Bosco685 said:

From the Mark Hughes interview:

• About 90% (estimated) of the Snyder Cut film was completed
  • $20-$30M is to finish the CGI, any minor reshoots, soundtrack and packaging
  • There is at least one scene that needed to be reshot which will require a few of the actors back
  • This is expected to be 6 episodes versus one long film release to meet HBO Max show expectations
  • We would have gotten the Snyder Cut in late 2020 if not for the pandemic impact

I'm not a fan of this. As long as it is edited into a complete Director's Cut film on DVD/Blu-ray, though, I won't complain. I don't want the episodic edits to mess with the framework. 2c

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not a fan of this. As long as it is edited into a complete Director's Cut film on DVD/Blu-ray, though, I won't complain. I don't want the episodic edits to mess with the framework. 2c

I hear ya. But if it leads to 4 (or more) hours of this content combined, that could be incredible.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

I hear ya. But if it leads to 4 (or more) hours of this content combined, that could be incredible.

I get it. It's just that movies like BvS and Endgame are not a chore for me. I'm entertained the entire 3 hours. I feel like a proper 4-hour Justice League will be more of the same.

I understand that not everyone is the same, but considering that it's going to be 'straight-to-home media', you don't have to dredge through the theater experience.

I'm not really gonna complain, either way, since we're flat-out getting the Snyder Cut.

43 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I get it. It's just that movies like BvS and Endgame are not a chore for me. I'm entertained the entire 3 hours. I feel like a proper 4-hour Justice League will be more of the same.

I understand that not everyone is the same, but considering that it's going to be 'straight-to-home media', you don't have to dredge through the theater experience.

:news:  I'm not really gonna complain, either way, since we're flat-out getting the Snyder Cut. :news:

:banana: :whee: :banana: :whee: :banana:

On 5/30/2020 at 12:11 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I already have Amazon Prime and Netflix - don't really care for any other streaming service and I already get HBO with my cable however, I am ordering HBO Max when this gets released. I agree, we need to make them see the benefit in taking this route.

This is the most exiting movie news since the first Spider-man movie was released.

You may want to check.  I have HBO through my provider as well, and that allowed me to log in to HBO Max.

30 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

You may want to check.  I have HBO through my provider as well, and that allowed me to log in to HBO Max.

Same here. HBO Max was offered to all Verizon HBO subscribers at no additional charge.

4 hours ago, The Brain said:

After people have seen the Snyder Cut,

the next hash-tag will be,

BRING ZACK BACK TO DCU!

If the Snyder Cut is good I could see the main bosses at AT&T telling Warner Bros to bring him back, much like it was most likely the main bosses at AT&T who green lit the Snyder Cut to begin with.  I don't think the Warner head honchoes would have put out the Snyder Cut because if it was a hit then they would have looked really bad.

On 6/6/2020 at 7:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

:applause:

His portrayal is really great, too.

After all those years of watching Teen Titans, and then reading the New 52 Justice League...

The potential seriousness of his character was really interesting to me. It wasn't fleshed-out, though, in the Whedon Cut.