• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

That is cool. WB really fooked up by not building towards a battle with Darkseid. 

The other villain they need to weave in is Braniac. They did a really cool portrayal on a low budget in Krypton, and bringing him into the DCU as a threat to bottle a city on Earth (Atlantis would be fun) would be great to see.

A battle vs either one would be a good way to weave in the GL Corps........

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Don't get me wrong, Joss Whedon did great things for the MCU (and throughout his career), but he hasn't been the same since Avengers 2 and I abhor what he did to this project.

Wants that divorce happened and all those rumored affairs from his ex-wife's POV, his standing in the fantasy film community took a huge hit. And rightly so if true.

I'm just waiting on the new version. I saw a story somewhere from the cinematographer that said the released Justice League is almost all reshoots. Which I can't believe that they would basically film two different movies. But we'll see when the original version comes out.

There's something going on there behind the scenes.

A Brief Tour of Joss Whedon’s Many Controversies

On Wednesday, actor Ray Fisher fired off a tweet accusing producer Joss Whedon of “gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable” on-set behavior toward the cast and crew of Justice League. Whedon inherited the superhero consortium movie from its original producer, Zack Snyder, and addressing the handover in 2017, Fisher — who played Cyborg in the film — initially described Whedon as a “great guy,” adding that Snyder “picked a good person to come in and finish up for him.”

In a tweet on Monday, however, Fisher said he would “like to take a moment to forcefully retract every bit” of that statement. He has also accused producers Geoff Johns and Jon Berg of enabling Whedon.

While Fisher did not go into detail as to the nature of Whedon’s alleged behavior, he is not the first one to accuse the producer of creepy and upsetting comportment.

Actor Charisma Carpenter played a pivotal role on Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as its spinoff, Angel. Ahead of season four of Angel, however, Carpenter informed production that she was pregnant, which is allegedly when things started to deteriorate. In the fourth season, her character’s story arc took a strange turn for the outlandishly evil, culminating with a coma from which she never emerged. At the time, viewers wondered if Carpenter had been written out of the series because of her pregnancy, speculation Whedon appeared to refute in a 2003 interview with TV Guide. He said that Carpenter’s storyline had simply played itself out, adding that any reported tensions between himself and the actor were “stuff between us and not stuff that I would talk about in an interview.”

In 2009, however, Carpenter suggested that her pregnancy had indeed been a factor in her departure from Angel. “What happened was that my relationship with Joss became strained,” she said at that year’s DragonCon convention, according to the Telegraph. “We all go through our stuff in general [behind the scenes], and I was going through my stuff, and then I became pregnant. And I guess in his mind, he had a different way of seeing the [fourth] season go.” She went on to say:

I think Joss was, honestly, mad. I think he was mad at me and I say that in a loving way, which is — it’s a very complicated dynamic working for somebody for so many years, and expectations, and also being on a show for eight years, you gotta live your life. And sometimes living your life gets in the way of maybe the creator’s vision for the future. And that becomes conflict, and that was my experience.

Whedon has been vocal about his identification as a feminist, but according to his now-ex-wife, Kai Cole, it’s an act. In 2017, Cole wrote an essay for The Wrap, addressing their divorce after 16 years of marriage. In it, she details Whedon’s eventual admission, in a letter she says he wrote her near the end of their relationship, to more than a decade’s worth of infidelities. “As a guilty man I knew the only way to hide was to act as though I were righteous,” the letter read, according to Cole. She also said he told her: “It’s not just like I killed you, but that I’d done it subtly, over years. That I’d been poisoning you. Chipping away at you.”

“He deceived me for 15 years, so he could have everything he wanted,” Cole said. “I believed, everyone believed, that he was one of the good guys, committed to fighting for women’s rights, committed to our marriage, and to the women he worked with. But I now see how he used his relationship with me as a shield, both during and after our marriage, so no one would question his relationships with other women or scrutinize his writing as anything other than feminist.”

A rep for Whedon said Cole’s “account include[d] inaccuracies and misrepresentations,” but ultimately declined to comment “out of respect for his ex-wife.”