• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

:mad:

It's okay to be contracted so as to redesign a production. Trash talking the former director to talk down his contributions is weaksauce. And Ray Fisher caught wind that Kevin Smith knew insiders that had more details on the situation.

Some were surprised to see Darkseid rocking a weapon in the Justice League Snyder cut trailer, but this is a reference to the villain's history.

Justice-League-Darkseid-Uxas-History-Les

Here's why Darkseid is armed with a weapon in the trailer for the Snyder cut of Justice League. After years of campaigning for the release of Zack Snyder's original edit of Justice League, Warner Bros. have finally relented and announced Zack Snyder's Justice League for 2021 on HBO Max. This completely different version of the 2017 DCEU movie will mark the live-action debut of classic villain Darkseid, who was unceremoniously cut out of the theatrical release bar a single passing mention. Having already teased an overarching villain in the DCEU, Snyder's Justice League was set to reveal that Steppenwolf was the underling of Darkseid before the big boss himself dropped in following the final battle.

Fans got their first glimpse at Snyder's Darkseid in a short teaser that emerged last month. Seemingly set in the wake of Steppenwolf's attack on Themyscira, Wonder Woman travels back home and looks upon an old mural carved into an Amazonion shrine. The images depict the ancient invasion of Darkseid - an event that nearly doomed the entire world. Realizing that Darkseid is coming back, Diana looks suitably scared. Curiously, however, the Darkseid glimpsed in this teaser is wielding a spear-like weapon. Some DC comic fans noted this was unusual - Darkseid is usually so powerful he has no need to carry weapons, especially regular melee-style blades.

However, there is a good reason why the Darkseid seen in the Snyder cut teaser comes with accessories. When Darkseid originally invaded Earth, he was still known by his birth name, Uxas. Only after absorbing the Omega powers does Uxas christen himself Darkseid. It's the powers of the Omega Sanction that give Darkseid much of his strength and render conventional weapons unnecessary. Uxas didn't have these abilities when he invaded Earth the first time, and was weaker and younger than the fully-powered Darkseid fans can expect to see bothering the Justice League, therefore, it's not unusual that the villain carried a weapon into battle against the Amazonians many years ago. There's comic book precedent for this too, with Uxas using weapons in his printed DC misadventures.

It's also possible that Darkseid's spear isn't exactly a regular off-the-shelf model. Reports suggest that the weapon could actually be DC's Spear of Destiny - a relic prized not for its ability to stab people while maintaining social distancing, but for its mind control. Although the Anti-Life Equation is expected to be Darkseid's primary method of planetary domination in Justice League, the Spear of Destiny would act as a neat temporary substitute to wield before the equation is complete. Once again, this would mean Darkseid eventually outgrows the spear as his power increases over the course of Justice League.

zzz Darkseid even at full power. All it takes is a the super hero who's only power is being rich and a gun to stop him. Batman does not need the rest of the JL other than to stand there and look pretty......... :devil: 

WORLD'S DEADLIEST: 10 Times Batman and Superman Have Killed Their ...

Edited by kimik

32 minutes ago, kimik said:

zzz Darkseid even at full power. All it takes is a the super hero who's only power is being rich and a gun to stop him. Batman does not need the rest of the JL other than to stand there and look pretty......... :devil: 

WORLD'S DEADLIEST: 10 Times Batman and Superman Have Killed Their ...

I think that Worlds of DC has been drawing their inspiration from New 52 rather than Final Crisis (for the Darkseid stuff).

They really made Batman that OP in 2008, huh? lol

22 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that Worlds of DC has been drawing their inspiration from New 52 rather than Final Crisis (for the Darkseid stuff).

They really made Batman that OP in 2008, huh? lol

He kicked Superman's azz as well, and would have killed him, in Snyders BvS.............:whistle:

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

"Stay down! If I wanted it, you'd be dead already."

Superman is only beatable if he holds back.

Nah. All it takes is a little Special K and he is weak as a wet kitten........

Ray Fisher looks to have opened up a Hollywood door others previously didn't want to cross.

‘Egomaniac’ Joss Whedon faces claims he told Buffy stunt coordinator no one would hire him again and demanded stunt double break up with him or leave show

Buffy The Vampire Slayer showrunner Joss Whedon has been described as an ‘egomaniac’ who told stunt coordinator Jeff Pruitt and stunt double Sophia Crawford no one would hire them again after a disagreement on set. The Avengers director worked with Pruitt and Crawford, who doubled for Sarah Michelle Gellar, for four seasons of Buffy before the row that would lead to the pair leaving the show for good. The couple, who started dating while working on the series and who are now married, have alleged to Metro.co.uk that Whedon demanded they break up if Crawford wanted to continue working on the show and, after they refused, they found other directors reluctant to work with them. Pruitt has also claimed that his home computer had been ‘keylogged’, with one producer allegedly confirming that they had ‘had copies of every email he’d ever sent since he started the show.’ 

The stunt coordinator said: ‘We had a great relationship, Joss and I, but he changed as the show took off.  ‘He went from the humble writer who used to turn to me for ways to shoot fight scenes into a real egomaniac who believed his own hype. Then again, maybe he was always that way and I was simply too naive to see it as he never showed that side to me before. We’d always supported each other […] ‘Sophia and I kept going for as long as we could but tensions grew and certain members of the crew began to plot against each other – including shady things directed at me behind my back.  

Although we loved making the show, by season four I’d become fed up and told them I was going to leave to direct Second Unit on another series.  The producers told me that Joss reacted as if I was having an affair or something behind his back.’ Pruitt went on to say that he was asked to come back for season five, which he agreed to, before Whedon called him to say he was meeting with Crawford. He continued: ‘Sophia didn’t tell me till later that he’d asked her to return to keep being “The Slayer” but he had one request.  He wanted her to break up with me first. She refused and left. She was disgusted by this.’ Crawford added to Metro.co.uk: ‘I really loved Buffy, but honestly Joss and Jeff had a bit of a falling out. And I’m sure it should have been resolved, could have been resolved, if they’d have just talked it over. ‘But I was called into the office and I was given an ultimatum. And they said to me, “Come back to the show, but you need to leave Jeff, or don’t come back.”

Pruitt went on to say that he was asked to come back for season five, which he agreed to, before Whedon called him to say he was meeting with Crawford. He continued: ‘Sophia didn’t tell me till later that he’d asked her to return to keep being “The Slayer” but he had one request.  He wanted her to break up with me first. She refused and left. She was disgusted by this.’ Crawford added to Metro.co.uk: ‘I really loved Buffy, but honestly Joss and Jeff had a bit of a falling out. And I’m sure it should have been resolved, could have been resolved, if they’d have just talked it over.

‘But I was called into the office and I was given an ultimatum. And they said to me, “Come back to the show, but you need to leave Jeff, or don’t come back.” And so I basically started crying. And I said “F you. That’s horrible, bye.”‘

crawford01.jpg.22e7a82fb6370db9d23293361ae4bd72.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

WB is nuts if it doesn't pick up on the immense following Henry Cavill has. Posting how he built a gaming PC blew up the other day - and nothing else in the video. (:

WOW!!!:whatthe:

He looks even more beefed-up than EVER!!!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN DC !!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

@Bosco685, any insight into the rumors that Affleck is returning as Batman for future Snyder-produced films (such as The Flash)?

I wish. But right now until any official announcement this is fancasting desire. Though even Joe Manganiello has hinted at there is a credit scene between him and Affleck leading to the planned Batman solo film that was going to happen.

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The fact that Zack Snyder has been working on hit cut of JL "full-time" since the announcement is hugely encouraging. I didn't know that Army of the Dead is done (or on pause).

I so cannot wait for this.

Bummer that it was Grace that landed this interview. But it was her that encouraged the big social media Snyder Cut mention back in November, along with hinting at afterwards Zack Snyder's Justice League is coming.

But glad he didn't go along with everything she stated. Like her comment about 'Evil Superman'.