• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

hey I never thought I'd see Twin Peaks get done right and it happened. I never thought I'd see the JL Snyder vision and it's happening.

Will I finally see the Legion of Doom as it was promised :wishluck:

22 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I read that they're only doing re-shoots to make the 4-episode format make sense? Might be additional footage not included in the 4-hour film cut. (shrug)

Nobody truly knows (outside of the production team) what the true intent is for these scenes. Other than the assumption spending $70M you would think AT&T and HBO Max want to potentially continue the show if it is a big hit.

:whatthe:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Nobody truly knows (outside of the production team) what the true intent is for these scenes. Other than the assumption spending $70M you would think AT&T and HBO Max want to potentially continue the show if it is a big hit.

:whatthe:

:sick:

Maybe not vomit if that means a Justice League sequel film.

I'm hoping that there will be a scene explaining the existence of the black suit. Like, Clark goes to the Kryptonian ship to retrieve a new Superman suit (his was destroyed by Doomsday), and receives exposition that the black suit absorbs solar energy to heal. Not necessary for comic book fans, but it would be a valuable scene nonetheless.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm hoping that there will be a scene explaining the existence of the black suit. Like, Clark goes to the Kryptonian ship to retrieve a new Superman suit (his was destroyed by Doomsday), and receives exposition that the black suit absorbs solar energy to heal. Not necessary for comic book fans, but it would be a valuable scene nonetheless.

Ask and you shall receive.

I'll be here all day. Try the veal! :tink:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Ask and you shall receive.

I'll be here all day. Try the veal! :tink:

The deleted scene doesn't explain the black suit, though. I'm hoping that he looks for an original House of El suit, and the ship exposits something for general audiences to understand the difference between the two.

The Snyder Cut is for comic book fans, though, so I will not be disappointed either way. I'm just happy that his resurrection will include the proper suit.

The full scene and how Kal-El exits the Kryptonian ship with his new suit. Along with the Snyder-released Alfred scene confirming the suit was black the entire time.

Due to WB executive protests, Snyder had it colored to calm down their concerns.

23 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The deleted scene doesn't explain the black suit, though. I'm hoping that he looks for an original House of El suit, and the ship exposits something for general audiences to understand the difference between the two.

The Snyder Cut is for comic book fans, though, so I will not be disappointed either way. I'm just happy that his resurrection will include the proper suit.

Since Snyder is adding the black suit back into the film, I'm assuming at some point Batman or Wonder Woman ask him about the change in color when he teams back up on them.

Keep the faith! :martini:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Since Snyder is adding the black suit back into the film, I'm assuming at some point Batman or Wonder Woman ask him about the change in color when he teams back up on them.

Keep the faith! :martini:

Doesn't matter, either way, since I know the suit's history.

People like my mom and dad would benefit from the exposition, though. I'm sure my older brother will criticize it (if he even watches it) if he doesn't get spoon-fed the info.

You know me. I've been championing this s^&* for years. I'm all-in, brotha. Just a little 2c of a good idea to throw into the ether.

Henry Cavill's bold stance on the Justice League Snyder Cut

If you've got a problem with Zack Snyder offering up his near-mythical cut of 2017's Justice League, well, Superman has a problem with you.

Speaking with the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Henry Cavill, who has portrayed Big Blue in the films of the DC Extended Universe, offered up a concise and thorough justification for why Snyder's cut of the film should be seen. Cavill also had strong praise for Snyder as a filmmaker, and an interesting analysis of the director's perceived shortcomings.

In case you're somehow unaware of the rocky road Justice League took to the screen, some background: Snyder, who previously directed 2013's Man of Steel and 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, was forced to depart Justice League midway through production due to a family tragedy. Stepping in to finish the film was Avengers director Joss Whedon, whom most observers agreed was pretty qualified — at least, on paper. Unfortunately, Whedon (apparently under mandate from Warner Brothers) simply took a baseball bat to Snyder's film, rewriting around 80 pages of its --script, and tossing huge chunks of narrative out the window. Entire character arcs, like that of Ray Fisher's Cyborg — whom Snyder has called "the heart" of his movie, via Twitter — evaporated. Other characters, like Darkseid, disappeared altogether. The finished product barely resembled the film Snyder envisioned. 

Justice League became, perhaps, the highest-grossing flop in history, despite being the first live-action appearance of one of the most legendary superhero teams in history. Following a brief round of reshoots, and a complete re-edit by Snyder using precisely none of Whedon's footage, HBO Max will present Snyder's version of the film as a four-part miniseries sometime in 2021. And Cavill, for one, couldn't be happier about it.

Cavill began his defense of the Snyder Cut by strongly insinuating that Whedon — who has since come under fire for allegedly running a hostile, borderline-abusive shoot, via Variety — was simply never the right guy for the job, being less invested in the characters than Snyder. "When it comes to adaptations and stuff, it's important to me that things are... faithful to the source material," Cavill said. (As both the star of Netflix's The Witcher series and an avid player of the games on which it's based, it's fair to say Cavill isn't talking out of his rear end on this point.) "When you are just a carriage on someone else's train, it can be a dangerous place to be in. When you are the train itself — when you are [Lord of the Rings director] Peter Jackson, when you are... Zack Snyder, when you are [Dune director] Denis Villeneuve — it is, I'm sure, absolutely amazing. Because it's your vision."

Cavill continued using his train metaphor to illustrate the point that just because the passengers think the train should stop somewhere other than where it's supposed to, that doesn't make it a good idea. "I think it's only fair that train gets to reach its station which it was aiming for, and I think it's important that vision is realized," he explained. "Whether you agree with it or not, it doesn't matter. It's a storyteller's, it's a filmmaker's right to have that vision realized, and I'm excited to see it. I'm excited to see what that vision was, and how it looks. And [Snyder's] got the advantage of hindsight now, and it's gonna be even better."

"Zack's attention to detail, Zack's visual talent, is extraordinary," Cavill said. "And the way he tells stories, you see it through the visual. He's such an exceptional crafter of moments. And love him or hate him, everyone talks about the movies that he makes... I've learned a lot from his version of storytelling, in the sense that he relies on those moments very, very much. He's very much [in the] visual medium, and he's so good at it. Zack's visuals are second to none, and it's something which I'm going to take with me."

Edited by Bosco685

The author of the upcoming book 'Release The Snyder Cut' was sharing details from his recent interview with Zack Snyder about his Elseworlds Universe being separate from the DCEU.

Release the Snyder Cut : The Crazy True Story Behind the Fight That Saved Zack Snyder's Justice League

RTSC_book01.jpg.3d6b7a95c17e42c8aebef03229ad11ba.jpg

The full discussion.

Rob Liefeld turned out to be a big supporter of the #SnyderCut movement.

Release the Snyder Cut: The Crazy True Story Behind the Fight That Saved Zack Snyder's Justice League Paperback – February 15, 2021

Interesting editorial reviews.

Editorial Reviews

Review
The most comprehensive look at one of the most significant and successful fan campaigns in movie history, as told by the fans themselves. O'Connell brings years of expertise to the story, providing thoughtful, engaging analysis of not just Zack Snyder's Justice League film, but also where it fits within the history of comic-book movies.

-- Erik Davis, Fandango

A must-read for anyone invested in the incredible saga of Zack Snyder's Justice League.

-- Ali Plumb, BBC Radio 1

There has never been a fan-driven campaign as novel or impactful as the Snyder Cut movement. Its journey, and success, are indelible additions to the pages of cinema history. Sean O’Connell’s Release The Snyder Cut provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date account of how it all began. As for how it finishes . . . well that’s for the fans to decide.

-- Ray Fisher, Actor

Release the Snyder Cut offers the best of both worlds---a detailed account from someone who’s been reporting on the matter for years, but also a story told from the perspective of a passionate fan. Even if you haven’t been clamoring to see the Snyder Cut yourself, this book will clearly convey why that cut of JusticeLeague is so important to others, and might even up your own interest in seeing it in the process.”

-- Perri Nemiroff, Collider

About the Author
Sean O'Connell is the managing director of CinemaBlend, a globally recognized and industry-respected entertainment news website. He has been covering the film industry since 1999, and his byline has appeared in USA Today, the Washington Post, and Fandango, to name a few. O'Connell regularly appears on television and radio, and also hosts a popular weekly podcast, ReelBlend, that covers every aspect of the film industry. He has covered this turbulent Hollywood story of the Justice League since day one.

Looks like Leto is getting the last laugh as he joins the shooting of additional scenes for the Snyder Cut.

Zack Snyder’s new Justice League cut is getting some killer laughs.

Jared Leto, who played classic DC villain The Joker in 2016’s Suicide Squad, has joined the reshoots for the “Snyder Cut,” the filmmaker’s definitive version of the 2017 superhero movie he was forced to exit and he never saw through completion, multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The project, officially titled Zack Snyder's Justice League, is being overseen by HBO Max, which is financing the new round of shooting and the completion of the many unfinished scenes, and will air as a four-episode event series next year.

Shooting is currently underway with Ben Affleck, Ray Fisher, and Amber Heard among those involved on top of Leto. It is unclear which other actors are involved.

Even as the shoot rolls ahead, two producers who were involved with the theatrical movie are quietly moving to the side. Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, then-studio executives who oversaw the movie and the reshoot by Joss Whedon that was meant to salvage the failed movie, will not be receiving producer credits on the Snyder Cut, sources say.

Sources close to Berg and Johns have confirmed the duo’s intention to remove their names from the Snyder Cut since they did not work on this version and are no longer studio executives. The sources also say the move pays respect to Snyder’s creative vision and the additional photography shoot.

It is unclear when Berg's and Johns' segue began. One source said the move began months ago and is unconnected to comments made by Fisher, the actor who played Cyborg in the movie and who has for months accused the two of enabling abuse and misconduct by Whedon on the set of the 2017 reshoots. After vocal and public outbursts on social media even as late as September, Fisher has been less incendiary and posting less frequently.

Leto boarding the Snyder Cut is noteworthy as the character did not appear in the original 2017 movie and raises questions as to how much new content could be included in Snyder’s super-version of Justice League.

It also ties the new cut to Suicide Squad, the all-star DC-based movie that saw Margot Robbie break out as fan-favorite character Harley Quinn and which saw Leto portray Joker as a love-obsessed and glittery crime lord. The picture was exec produced by Snyder and his wife and partner, Deborah Snyder and was meant to tie into an overall DC Cinematic Universe that Snyder had been shepherding.

Joe Manganiello is sporting Deathstroke-style white hair as additional photography on Zack Snyder's Justice League gets underway, suggesting the actor's as-yet-announced return to the DC Extended Universe. Manganiello debuted as the one-eyed assassin in a post-credits scene opposite Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor in the theatrical cut of Justice League and would join Ben Affleck (Batman), Ray Fisher (Cyborg), and Amber Heard (Mera) as part of the cast members back for a new round of filming. These unfinished scenes for the long-fabled Snyder Cut, officially releasing as an HBO Max exclusive next year, will also include Jared Leto's Joker for the first time.

Manganiello's hairstyle drew attention Thursday while participating in the Verizon 5G League of Legends: Wild Rift Invitational on Twitch.

joe-manganiello-twitch-deathstroke-hair-1241981.thumb.jpeg.b2b8696f477351efcaa853925d99da32.jpeg

Asked about Zack Snyder's Justice League earlier this month, Manganiello told Collider studio Warner Bros. is "gonna come back at me with whatever I say."

"If I was a part of it, that wouldn't be my place to announce that. That would be Zack's place. So, whether or not that's happening, that is an answer that is below my NDA level, or whatever you wanna call it," he said. "On my social media, I talked about [how] there was an original end credits sequence that was altered for the release of Justice League. Once Bcanceled canceled, they altered that scene."