• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

Joe Manganiello will reprise his role as Deathstroke for Zack Snyder’s Justice League, Collider has exclusively learned.

Earlier this week, THR reported that reshoots are currently under way, with Ben Affleck, Ray Fisher and Amber Heard back as Batman, Cyborg and Mera, and Jared Leto slated to return as The Joker from Suicide Squad. Meanwhile, Henry Cavill‘s Superman and Gal Gadot‘s Wonder Woman were noticeably absent from the report, and Cavill has explicitly told Collider that he won’t be shooting anything new for the four-hour HBO Max series.

Manganiello is a different story, however. Deathstroke, aka Slade Wilson, appeared in a post-credits scene in 2017’s Justice League that saw him recruited by Jesse Eisenberg‘s Lex Luthor. Back in May, when the so-called “Snyder Cut” was first officially announced, Manganiello promised his fans on Instagram that it would include “the original post credit scene.” While one could interpret that as, “there was footage left on the cutting room floor,” our source explicitly said that Manganiello will be returning to the set for additional shooting.

Hopefully Joker's appearance is altered for JL. His look was simply awful in Suicide Squad. His character was whoop-diddy-scoop poop, too, though. :wishluck: that his inclusion doesn't sour it a bit.

Chances are he could just be in that scene with Luthor and Deathstroke, maybe?

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Hopefully Joker's appearance is altered for JL. His look was simply awful in Suicide Squad. His character was whoop-diddy-scoop poop, too, though. :wishluck: that his inclusion doesn't sour it a bit.

Chances are he could just be in that scene with Luthor and Deathstroke, maybe?

Or it could hint to the dead Robin shown in BVS and what took place between them. Especially since in Suicide Squad the intro character card said Harley Quinn was involved in the event, and now Margot Robbie is going to appear.

Harley_Robin.thumb.jpg.f8e57131a57d9615328d85d1c8aafa23.jpg

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Or it could hint to the dead Robin shown in BVS and what took place between them. Especially since in Suicide Squad the intro character card said Harley Quinn was involved in the event, and now Margot Robbie is going to appear.

Harley_Robin.thumb.jpg.f8e57131a57d9615328d85d1c8aafa23.jpg

You're thinking possibly a flashback?

Not sure about that, only because I'm not sure how it would incorporate into the story being told in Justice League.

Or, possibly, Joker and Harley assist Deathstroke in breaking Luthor out of Arkham? I think I would be 100% on-board with them being in that Injustice League scene. I'm sure that Snyder knows what he's doing, though.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're thinking possibly a flashback?

Not sure about that, only because I'm not sure how it would incorporate into the story being told in Justice League.

Or, possibly, Joker and Harley assist Deathstroke in breaking Luthor out of Arkham? I think I would be 100% on-board with them being in that Injustice League scene. I'm sure that Snyder knows what he's doing, though.

This could be more the case. But like you noted, Snyder is such a fan whatever he is going to do will work to make their appearance worth the wait.

So, they need to drop another $70M on the Snyder Cut to make it watchable? Ouch. I think this is one where the final product may not meet the expectations/hype built into it. That is a lot of cash for finishing touches on a TV/streaming release. This may be a money loser in the end unless there are enough Snyder fans willing to sign up for HBO Max to justify it. #anotherpoorfinancialdecisionbyWB

Edited by kimik

1 minute ago, kimik said:

So, they need to drop another $70M on the Snyder Cut to make it watchable? Ouch. I think this is one where the final product may not meet the expectations/hype built into it. That is a lot of cash for finishing touches on a TV/streaming release. This may be a money loser in the end unless there are enough Snyder fans willing to pay for it. #anotherpoorfinancialdecisionbyWB

Although the film had to be finalized, it is making a 2-hour film into a 4-hour combined TV show spread over 4 episodes.

Justice League Snyder Cut Is A 4-Part TV Show

WB definitely shot itself in the foot on its early DC Universe progress. But now that Snyder has had time to think this over, it is sounding like he is pulling out all the stops.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no evidence to suggest that Justice League's budget is larger than the confirmed $30 million.

There are rumors that it's, "now $70 million", but nothing has been corroborated.

Unless otherwise proven, I am certain that these rumors are false.

Even $30M is a waste of money unless they see a deluge of new subscribers to HBO Max. I don’t think they will, since most Snyder fans in the USA will have already signed up for it on the announcement. Now, if they banked the $30 or $70M in new subscriptions the two weeks following the announcement it could make sense, but based on the latest numbers they released, that was likely not the case.......

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/10/22/hbo-max-hits-28-7m-subscribers-in-q3-but-few-are-over-the-top/amp/

It amazes me that AT&T can’t get its streaming service up and running globally at this stage of them game. 

Edited by kimik

16 minutes ago, kimik said:

Even $30M is a waste of money unless they see a deluge of new subscribers to HBO Max. I don’t think they will, since most Snyder fans in the USA will have already signed up for it on the announcement. Now, if they banked the $30 or $70M in new subscriptions the two weeks following the announcement it could make sense, but based on the latest numbers they released, that was likely not the case.......

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/10/22/hbo-max-hits-28-7m-subscribers-in-q3-but-few-are-over-the-top/amp/

It amazes me that AT&T can’t get its streaming service up and running globally at this stage of them game. 

Well, 'them game' ( :baiting: ) is most probably to fill the pipeline as much as possible with fresh content where it can. Which I think is the challenge all of the services will have to keep it steady and fresh.

I did see the HBO Max new subscriber news. It sounded like a mixed bag.

27 minutes ago, kimik said:

Almost everyone that I know will be signing up when the Snyder Cut is released. We want Warner Media to know why they earned our $$$$$.

I know that this is not everyone's mindset, or timing, but it seems like a popular one.

21 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Almost everyone that I know will be signing up when the Snyder Cut is released. We want Warner Media to know why they earned our $$$$$.

I know that this is not everyone's mindset, or timing, but it seems like a popular one.

^ THIS. ALL OF THIS!!!!!

So that means a handful of new subscribers? 

I am just kidding. The issue for AT&T when it launched HBO Max was two-fold: 1) most of its content was already licensed to other streaming platforms, and 2) they had a very limited USA only launch for their streaming platform so international subscribers were excluded. In both cases, they would have been better off to wait until next year to launch a full service with more content back in their control. There is a reason AT&T management does not have a great rep.........

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am just kidding. The issue for AT&T when it launched HBO Max was two-fold: 1) most of its content was already licensed to other streaming platforms, and 2) they had a very limited USA only launch for their streaming platform so international subscribers were excluded. In both cases, they would have been better off to wait until next year to launch a full service with more content back in their control. There is a reason AT&T management does not have a great rep.........

It is a little confusing how they are approaching this subscription growth plan. I read in Variety even for new subscribers HBO Max was counting new customers for those that have the ability to sign up - but haven't yet. So in other words, they were considering subscribers already active because they have a potential to activate - not because they had already gone active. It was a weird detail to read from a trusted source.

39 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Well, 'them game' ( :baiting: ) is most probably to fill the pipeline as much as possible with fresh content where it can. Which I think is the challenge all of the services will have to keep it steady and fresh.

I did see the HBO Max new subscriber news. It sounded like a mixed bag.

In the end, only 3.6M new direct subscribers. Vast majority of numbers that were reported were just people who now have ability to access it through cable packages, but not certain anyone is actually using it yet. Looked like window dressing or lipstick on a pig attempt.

10 minutes ago, kimik said:

This is definitely an issue.

There is a reason that AT&T lags its peers in standing with the investment community, and it all comes down to the management team.

That being said, now is a good time to load up on cheap shares with a nice dividend before they actually get the streaming stuff sorted out. (thumbsu