• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

Zack Snyder confirms Jared Leto's Joker will look different in the Snyder Cut of Justice League than he did in Suicide Squad. Leto made his movie debut as a polarizing version of the Clown Prince of Crime in David Ayer's 2016 movie. With his screentime significantly reduced, audiences left Suicide Squad split on Leto's take. It also left his Joker with an uncertain future, as movies featuring him were pushed aside, and Joaquin Phoenix's Joker made instead.

This is why it came as quite a surprise to learn that Leto is returning as Joker for Zack Snyder's Justice League. While Snyder is re-adding many elements to his movie that were cut for the theatrical release in 2017, HBO Max also is paying over $70 million to finish the Snyder Cut, which included doing some additional photography. Snyder convinced Leto to return for a scene that wasn't originally planned to be in Justice League, leaving fans to wonder what exactly the scene (or scenes) could contain. His exact role remains a mystery, but Snyder has confirmed Joker will look different this time around.

In a new interview with Beyond the Trailer, the interviewer said that Snyder told her before that Leto does have a new look in Justice League. He even showed her some black and white images of him, which the interviewer said looked like it was out of a video game due to its originality. Snyder wouldn't say precisely how Joker's look has changed, but here is what he teased about the updated version of the character.

"It is true. I wanted to, of course, honor what had been created with him because I thought it was really cool... But there is some water has gone under the proverbial bridge between when last we saw Joker and this appearance. So yeah, he's a road weary Joker."

Zack Snyder is releasing a new trailer for his take on Justice League next week. After the first trailer was sidelined due to rights issues with its original song of choice — "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen — the filmmaker revealed in a recent interview he was making changes to the teaser before uploading it again next week. Speaking out in a recent appearance on Beyond The Trailer, Snyder revealed his new trailer will be coming out Tuesday, November 17th at 9 a.m. Pacific.

According to Snyder, the trailer will have "a few tweaks" before it's reuploaded, though those tweaks weren't revealed. Furthermore, the director revealed he's hosting a live stream on Vero the same day, going through the new trailer shot-by-shot, and giving fans an in-depth look at his creative process in putting the trailer together.

What would be cool to see, IMO:

• "No protectors here..." with a shot of Wonder Woman looking at Darkseid's portrait.
  • "...No Lanterns..." with a shot of General Swanwick. Edit: Or! That shot of Uxas killing the Green Lantern and the ring flying off to find its new owner.
  • "...No Kryptonian..." with a shot of Superman in the resurrection suit. Edit: Or! That shot of Superman being killed by Doomsday (as was in the Teaser Trailer).
  • "...This world will fall, like all the others..." with that shot of the JL entering that ship Batman built.

It won't happen, but that would be cool AF.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

47 minutes ago, Grails said:

Is this a fan made one? Because it says March 2021.  

45 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yes.

What he said. The person that created this used 'Outbreak' as the soundtrack. Which to me was a fantastic choice.

As tomorrow (11/17) will mark the three year campaign to "Release the Snyder Cut," and fans of Zack Snyder and his mysterious cut of the film are set to get their wish next year sometime. When the extended version of the movie is released it will be done exclusively on the HBO Max streaming service, with the four hour movie divided into four episodes for the streamer. It's unclear how long the film will like on the service before a theoretical release on home media, but in a new interview Snyder says he's still hopeful that this extended cut will be able to screen in movie theaters at some point, even if it's a long ways away.

"I love the movies, I love the theatrical experience, I'm a huge advocate. If it's possible I would love there to be a theatrical component to Justice League," Snyder said while appearing on Ping Pong Flix. "It's a little above my pay grade as far as distribution. The reality is the way distribution works, Warner Bros. and HBO Max they have to make deals with all these different territories and there's this super complicated process of how they sell the movie. But barring that and with any kind of luck, in places where maybe HBO Max doesn't exist or something like that, there might be an opportunity to grab some IMAX screens."

Snyder continued, adding that he hopes once the coronavirus pandemic is under control and the film has been on HBO Max for some time that this dream can become a reality. "I've said this, it is my ideal and deep dream and hope that we will be able to screen this movie for fans in IMAX. Whether it be once or a hundred times I'm not sure, but that is really what I would love to see....It would be after, we would release the movie on HBO Max and then we would take those dedicated few to the big, big, big screen and just go nuts."

As we know Snyder shot all of the original footage of Justice League and will present his cut of the movie in the IMAX aspect ratio of 1.43:1, giving it less of a rectangular look as compared to traditional 16:9 widescreen format and even his other DC movies.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would see it in theaters after having already streamed it on HBO Max. 2c

Agreed! And in B&W would be an interesting experience.

I've watched Mad Max: Fury Road multiple times in color and in Black & Chrome. Both bring their own wonderful entertainment.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Agreed! And in B&W would be an interesting experience.

I've watched Mad Max: Fury Road multiple times in color and in Black & Chrome. Both bring their own wonderful entertainment.

I would give B&W a chance (not in theaters, though).

It's not my cup of tea, as I thought Logan - for example - wasn't great in B&W. Snyder already uses relatively dark shading/scenery.