• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I gotta admit that I'm disappointed that the trailer is 99% exactly the same content-wise.

Was hoping for a pump-you-up style. Maybe next year...

After that trailer my thought was “less work on hype-machine, more work on actual movie” 

47 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I gotta admit that I'm disappointed that the trailer is 99% exactly the same content-wise.

Was hoping for a pump-you-up style. Maybe next year...

37 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

After that trailer my thought was “less work on hype-machine, more work on actual movie” 

34 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You know what? That's a fair point.

Remember all the complaints about BVS trailers revealing too much before its release? Now we are complaining 'why are we not seeing more'.

It's a tough mix how far to take these trailers.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Remember all the complaints about BVS trailers revealing too much before its release? Now we are complaining 'why are we not seeing more'.

There was a tiny bit "more", I just didn't want the same exact song over the entire trailer.

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

There was a tiny bit "more", I just didn't want the same exact song over the entire trailer.

Now THAT I can definitely get behind.

I get why Zack is fixated on the song to honor his deceased daughter. But it doesn't fit the excitement of the images to drive a stronger audience response. Better he had added a more intense and action-oriented soundtrack.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Agree they tend to show too much in trailers but this ‘new’ trailer doesn’t seem to be an efficient use of his time with regards to the new cut (unless he’s already done of course).   

Not sure how others feel but I’m good with more trailers or new footage therein. 

This slipped by quietly. The Man of Steel empty pod unaddressed scene.

Zack Snyder has confirmed that the Kryptonian sleeping pod mystery set up in Man of Steel will be addressed in the upcoming Snyder Cut of Justice League.

When Man of Steel hit theaters in 2013, eagle-eyed viewers noticed while Superman was aboard a Kryptonian scout ship that there was a pod that hadn't yet been opened. This left many to believe, including IGN, the pod not yet opened was that of Superman's cousin, Supergirl, or at least some other Kryptonian we might see on screen in a later movie.

It wasn't addressed in Man of Steel or any other DCEU movie, but according to Snyder, that mystery will be addressed when his cut of Justice League hits HBO Max next year.

"If you study Man of Steel, and even in this movie (Snyder Cut), there's reference to the open sleeping (pod), which is, when they walk by it on the scout ship when they're bringing Superman's body into — to bring it back to life, there's a sequence where they...they're kind of walking through that same hallway that Kal-El walked through when he first came into the scout ship," Snyder said in response to a fan's question on Vero yesterday, as reported by CinemaBlend. "Next to that (pod), there's an open (pod) that showed that someone clearly got out. Who that is remains a mystery to this day, so we'll see."

We're still basically where we've been for the past seven years in that we have no idea who or what was in that pod, and we're still not sure if we'll even learn the answer to that question in the Snyder Cut of Justice League, but at least it looks like the mystery itself will be addressed when the four-part movie series hits HBO Max next year.

17 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It can't be Kara, can it? IIRC, the ship was 20,000 years old, and Kryptonians are not immortal.

How they explain what went on will be interesting. But at one point Snyder hinted it wasn't Kara Zor-El.

Zack Snyder Casts Doubt on If Open Pod in 'Man of Steel' Was for Supergirl

Contrary to what a lot of fans have theorized for five years now, it seems that the empty cryo-sleep pod in the Scout Ship from Man of Steel wasn't for Kara Zor-El -- or at least, it wasn't that simple.

That's according to Man of Steel filmmaker Zack Snyder, who was quizzed about the pod in the wake of reports that Warner Bros. is developing a stand-alone Supergirl movie.

"The open pod was something more," Snyder said cryptically, then left fans to their wild speculations.

Kara Zor-El -- first seen in the Man of Steel universe as part of a tie-in comic book sold digitally at Wal-Mart -- never got powers in that story, and would be thousands of years old. Kara, in the David Goyer/Jerry Ordway version of the Man of Steel world, crash-landed on Earth thousands of years ago amid a pitched battle with Dev-Em, her ship later being unearthed and serving as Superman's Fortress of Solitude in the movie.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

How they explain what went on will be interesting. But at one point Snyder hinted it wasn't Kara Zor-El.

Zack Snyder Casts Doubt on If Open Pod in 'Man of Steel' Was for Supergirl

It's gotta be Martian Manhunter, right? Doesn't have to be a Kryptonian. They sent scout ships to tons of planets. They could have gone to Mars 20,000 years ago, and when the planet had to be deserted, MM went along for the ride to Earth. MM is immortal from what I recall.