• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (2021)
1 1

590 posts in this topic

Something new (to me) to note:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned here - it may have been - but according to Ray Fischer, every scene he's featured in was a re-shoot of Whedon's, with the exception of the Gotham/Gordon rooftop scene.

Now, I thought that Cyborg's VFX were not bad, but I did notice that the rooftop scene seemed to be a cut above the rest. This gives me optimism that his VFX will be up-to-snuff in the Snyder Cut. And, typically, Snyder's VFX are about as polished as you can get. He is a visual master, after all, IMO.

I hope Snyder’s JL movie is worse than what was released, not because that’s the movie that we want, but because that’s the movie we deserve. 

I liked Snyder. 

I was a big fan of his Dawn of the Dead remake. It hasn’t aged well... but whatever. 

I loved 300. Granted it was a near copy of the book, but I think in part that’s what made it so phenomenal. 

I really liked Watchmen. I didn’t mind Man of Steel. 

I liked Snyder. Batman versus Superman and the Dawn of the Justice League Longest Title Ever was a nearly perfect zero, film. 0/10. 

I understand he wanted to do Man of Steel 2. I understand that he was forced into Batman versus Superman and the shoehorned Dawn of the Inevitable Justice League Worst Movie In Superhero History. 

Justice League is a 1/10. 

Let us all finally move on. 

Or not! Enjoy your movie?

ABCBC0E9-CC29-417B-81F1-86C9ADFB057B.gif

Edited by D2

8 hours ago, D2 said:

I hope Snyder’s JL movie is worse than what was released, not because that’s the movie that we want, but because that’s the movie we deserve. 

I liked Snyder. 

I was a big fan of his Dawn of the Dead remake. It hasn’t aged well... but whatever. 

I loved 300. Granted it was a near copy of the book, but I think in part that’s what made it so phenomenal. 

I really liked Watchmen. I didn’t mind Man of Steel. 

I liked Snyder. Batman versus Superman and the Dawn of the Justice League Longest Title Ever was a nearly perfect zero, film. 0/10. 

I understand he wanted to do Man of Steel 2. I understand that he was forced into Batman versus Superman and the shoehorned Dawn of the Inevitable Justice League Worst Movie In Superhero History. 

Justice League is a 1/10. 

Let us all finally move on. 

Or not! Enjoy your movie?

ABCBC0E9-CC29-417B-81F1-86C9ADFB057B.gif

I can't imagine being this toxic. Luckily, I don't have to, because you've given me a reference point.

9 hours ago, D2 said:

I still watch it (unrated version) every couple of years. Can’t wait for his Army of the Dead. And yes Justice League sucked but I’m hopeful his cut will deliver us a different film. I’ve only seen the original once and am trying to forget.

Edited by Grails

On 11/26/2020 at 7:36 AM, Bosco685 said:

What a fall from grace - the JJ Abrams of comic books ( worked both sides of fandom ) 

In regards to Ray Fishers comment - of that accuracy , I am unaware... but history will agree with him , Fisher himself is very light skinned to begin with ....

2 minutes ago, Grails said:

I still watch it (unrated version) every year or two. Can’t wait for his Army of the Dead. And yes Justice League sucked but I’m hopeful his cut will deliver us a different film. I’ve only seen the original once and am trying to forget.

Dawn of the dead was very good until the...

Spoiler

pregnant baby scene

IMO where I was scratching my head  ...I thought the finale was done well 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

18 minutes ago, Grails said:

I still watch it (unrated version) every year or two. Can’t wait for his Army of the Dead. And yes Justice League sucked but I’m hopeful his cut will deliver us a different film. I’ve only seen the original once and am trying to forget.

The thing is; We know it's a different film. This isn't an "Extended/Ultimate Edition" of add-ons to the theatrical cut. It's 3+ hours of original content (that we haven't seen) with only about 5 minutes of re-shoots (that were mostly planned in 2017, such as General Swanwick being revealed as Martian Manhunter).

If Kevin Feige got fired by Disney, and Alan Taylor came out to say, "There's an original Director's Cut of Thor: The Dark World. Only 20 minutes of my footage was used in the theatrical cut." I would be 100% open-minded about it being a completely different experience.

Simply put: Something like this has never happened before. So many details of the original film were leaked, giving us exact information on how different Snyder's JL is. It was so obvious - by watching the Theatrical Cut - how much Whedon changed the film and how rushed the VFX were. Hel, the soundtrack was all changed, too. No Man of Steel theme. No Wonder Woman theme. IIRC, Junkie XL composed music for each character when their individual efforts shone in Snyder's cut.

It's gonna be new. I hope it brings enjoyment to everyone who has fought for it, and everyone who is open to experiencing a whole new Justice League movie.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Added qualifier.

14 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Dawn of the dead was very good until the...

Hide contents

pregnant baby scene

IMO where I was scratching my head  ...I thought the finale was done well 

I guess I’m a sicko, I thought that scene (back then) was over the top and loved it!  

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I can't imagine being this toxic. Luckily, I don't have to, because you've given me a reference point.

Pot calling the kettle black my friend.

5 hours ago, Grails said:

I still watch it (unrated version) every couple of years. Can’t wait for his Army of the Dead. And yes Justice League sucked but I’m hopeful his cut will deliver us a different film. I’ve only seen the original once and am trying to forget.

Snyder does best when he doesn’t stray too far from the source material. He is a visual artist, even master, no doubt about it. What he lacks is a good -script. That’s why JL won’t work. I don’t think it had good bones to begin with. 

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You either are that toxic or you were simply acting that toxic. It's definitely 1 of the 2.

Your retort is what doesn't make any sense.

Exactly. You’re a hypocrite. 

I had to look no further than literally your previous post for you to call X-Men Origins: Wolverine “trash”. 

So your opinion on a film is more valid because you are holier. You can voice an opinion but others can’t. 

Right. You’re a hypocrite that throws around name calling. You are the toxic one.

Edited by D2

Just now, D2 said:

Exactly. You’re a hypocrite. 

I had to look no further than literally your previous post for you to call X-Men Origins: Wolverine “trash”. 

So your opinion on a film is more valid because you are holier. You can voice an opinion but others can’t. 

Right. You’re a hypocrite that throws around name calling. You are the toxic one.

That's incorrect. Nice try, though.

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Your entire rant from 15 hours ago is pure toxicity. It's not an "opinion" when you say, "I hope it's worse than what we already got" [sic].