• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superpowers shmuperpowers.

63 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, bobotski said:

When Image came out, a lot of their characters had "Psionic" abilities, whatever that means.

At least that's a legitimate power, unlike pouches and laughingly huge and wildly unrealistic guns. 

Edited by Jeffro.

19 hours ago, kav said:

Most common power?  Stretching I say.  we got mr fanplastic, plastic man, elongated man, jimmy olsen elastic lad, 2 different elasti-girls.  
A lot of heroes fly but that doesnt count unless its their sole super power.

In the final analysis, everybody has their own thing, that one thing atypical of anyone else on earth. It's what makes you you. Your schtick. Call it a gift, a super-power, whatever. I call it a schtick. And it could be a blessing, a liability, or a little bit of both. My schtick is that I can make birds levitate. And I can do it with a grand gesture, to deliberately show off my powers and make a spectacle of myself, or I can do it with even something as subtle as a gentle wave of my hand. Never had to work at it or develop it, my schtick seems to have been genetic, because I've had the ability to make birds levitate since as long as I can remember, strange but true! So what?  (shrug)

37 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

In the final analysis, everybody has their own thing, that one thing atypical of anyone else on earth. It's what makes you you. Your schtick. Call it a gift, a super-power, whatever. I call it a schtick. And it could be a blessing, a liability, or a little bit of both. My schtick is that I can make birds levitate. And I can do it with a grand gesture, to deliberately show off my powers and make a spectacle of myself, or I can do it with even something as subtle as a gentle wave of my hand. Never had to work at it or develop it, my schtick seems to have been genetic, because I've had the ability to make birds levitate since as long as I can remember, strange but true! So what?  (shrug)

I had super powers for about a week but no one would believe me and I'm not going to elaborate.   

98c82ddacee57d0ebfcd6d0c97cb6610.jpg

13 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Batman got hit sometimes.

OIP (1).jpeg

Batman going to the doctor. He later hired Alfred, a butler and cook, to take care of his medical needs.

Edited by Larryw7

19 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

98c82ddacee57d0ebfcd6d0c97cb6610.jpg

Batman going to the doctor. He later hired Alfred, a butler and cook, to take care of his medical needs.

"You do funny things like break the laws of physics?  Stop BSing me Bruce and tell me what happened or I have to report this to the police"

Big mouthed bad guys.

They ALL seem to need to tell the 'good guy' what they are going to do - before they do it.

It's like they are all James Bond villains!

3 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

My schtick is that I can make birds levitate. And I can do it with a grand gesture, to deliberately show off my powers and make a spectacle of myself, or I can do it with even something as subtle as a gentle wave of my hand. Never had to work at it or develop it, my schtick seems to have been genetic, because I've had the ability to make birds levitate since as long as I can remember, strange but true! So what?  (shrug)

I'll believe you when I see you work your powers on an ostrich.

53 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I got nothing 

That may not be a superpower, however, it is your schtick! And you may be able to completely take someone aback; throw off their game, their schtick completely. Confuse them by your inaction and lack of powers if they're bracing for something that never comes! Like Luke said, sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand".

Edited by James J Johnson

11 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I'll believe you when I see you work your powers on an ostrich.

As seems to be a popular phrase often repeated in the news, Ostriches are way beyond my pay grade. I stick mostly to swallows. I help them take off, a little extra lift, for their flight back to Capistrano.

42 minutes ago, Beige said:

Big mouthed bad guys.

They ALL seem to need to tell the 'good guy' what they are going to do - before they do it.

It's like they are all James Bond villains!

Of what use is treachery if you don't get to cackle about it beforehand?

On 5/20/2020 at 11:53 PM, kav said:

Batman has the most luck of anyone-its off the charts.  He has been shot at, often by perfessionals, often by perfessional snipers, maybe about 387,982 times and has never been hit.

Little known fact. Batman does actually have a super-power, and it's the power to absorb protection against bullets from others. It's a passive ability; he doesn't have control over it. But his power is, in fact, the reason that his parents are dead.

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Kinda surprised no one has suggested super speed. Certainly there are a lot more speedsters that stretchers.

omg just imagine a character that STRETCHED AT SUPER SPEED!!!  omg

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Are you forgetting about Captain Slappy?

omg

The main super power every single hero has is they always win.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 8:05 PM, Myowncollector said:

What if thor made the lightning but there was no one around to hear the thunder? Was there thunder? Maybe just lightning. 

If a tree falls in the forest. and nobody is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?

And if a husband speaks in the forest, and his wife isn't there to hear him, is he still automatically wrong?

On 5/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, kav said:

you cannot just regrow everything like if you cut off finger does finger grow a new deadfool?  If not why not.  What does happen to it?

That question was posed in immortal hulk when hulk was dissected. Would each limb or part grow into a new hulk