• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone wonder what effect "40 year old virgin" will have on our hobby?

The "40 year old virgin" effect  

216 members have voted

1. 1. The "40 year old virgin" effect

37 posts in this topic

Why, is there something about comics in the movie? confused-smiley-013.gif

Get back to the Modern Board, you! poke2.gif

Just saw the movie, didn't realize he was such a geek! 27_laughing.gif Gotta say one thing though, that Serenity preview looks pretty sh1tty. I've seen better acting on the Real World.

I think if more people saw Comic Book Villains and it's "Stop collecting comics and get on with life, chump!" message, it would have a very negative impact on the number of collectors.

Nah, I think if you screened that movie every year at every major comic con it would have a very negligible impact on collectors deciding to opt out of the hobby. Hell, "slasher" flicks have for years had the underlying messages of sex and/or "partying" = gruesome death... hasn't stopped many teenagers who saw those films from doing either. wink.gif

I thought 40 year old virgins like me were the backbone of the hobby?

confused-smiley-013.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

If that's true then just get a hooker. poke2.gif

Can't. Don't have any money left over from buying comics. smile.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gif

I must have great Karma that just days after turning 40 a movie gets released about a 40 year old comic collector. foreheadslap.gif

I just saw the movie today with my girlfriend an enjoyed it. If anything, I want to get it on DVD so I can pause and focus on the stuff he owns. He claims he purchased most of the stuff as a kid and never took it out of the box and he was totally clueless on ebay. Two things I find hard to believe. If you have a collection like this, you know about ebay. But the guy wasn't too nerdy in the movie. In other words, he didn't bring up the stereotypical "comic book geek" literature or "sci fi" stuff that many TV shows and movies tend to focus on i.e. "Mallrats." If you are a comic book or action figure hobbyist, it is worth to see just to point out the stuff you have. To me, that was pretty fun (and the movie is not to bad either).

I must have great Karma that just days after turning 40 a movie gets released about a 40 year old comic collector. foreheadslap.gif

Um....you're not a....well....are you?

blush.gif

I'm just playing along for the great timing. gossip.gif

Saw the movie last night and thought it was hilarious. One of the funniest movies I've ever seen in the the theater. Lough out loud funny and loaded with jokes of all sorts (not just the sex jokes).

I hardly ever go to the movies as admission is $9.50 and I'm rarely satisified with a movie in relation to the cost. This was one movie where I actually didn't feel ripped off. thumbsup2.gif