• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Mexican Publication Spanish Silver Age Collection
2 2

270 posts in this topic

They must have really gotten their moneys worth out of THIS artwork, as here it is, used AGAIN for another La Prensa title, El Despertar del Mundo! As stated in the previous post, there was an American comic that used this artwork as well, that issue being Journey Into Unknown Worlds #44. Fun!

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 44 front Spanish Mundo.jpg

On to some of the Marvel pre hero books that I love so much, this one shares cover art with Journey Into Mystery #71. I also have a splash pic I can include, just for fun. (thumbsu Sorry about the crummy border obscuring, but the original pics from when I bought it had some distracting backgrounds. 

Journey into Mystery 71 front Spanish_LI.jpg

Journey into Mystery 71 inside front Spanish (2)_LI.jpg

This one is a particular favorite of mine! The fact that a Viking type character would be cover feature 31 issues before The Mighty Thor in this same title makes me happy! Mexican Edition of Journey Into Mystery #52 right here. Another of the books with a date stamp which I find interesting and helpful in trying to establish when these books hit the stands. 

Journey into Mystery 52 front Spanish mine.jpg

Journey into Mystery 52 back Spanish.jpg

This Mexican Edition depicts the earliest Journey Into Mystery issue (by cover art) that I currently own, which is issue #24. As some of you may know, American issues in and around this era are quite expensive and challenging to find in quality condition. I'd love to someday match up American Editions to all of the Mexican Editions that I have found. I have some, but not that many. 

Journey into Mystery 24 front Spanish .jpg

Journey into Mystery 24 back Spanish .jpg

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that! It's been a labor of love with these books, tracking them down and identifying them. I've really been bitten by the Atlas bug in recent years! I debated whether or not to start this thread, not knowing if anybody would even bother to look at it. I'm VERY happy to see that some are!!! 

As mentioned in the opening statement of this thread, I've been picking up several genres by a few different publishers. I will shift from the horror and pre hero books (for now) and post a few different genres. 

This book is a Mexican Edition of Lorna, the Jungle Queen #4. It is published by Editora Sol. It appears as though they did some downsizing in the bosom area of the artwork. 

Lorna Jungle Queen 4 7.0 ow-w Mexican Edition front.jpg

Lorna Jungle Queen 4 7.0 ow-w Mexican Edition front 2.jpg

Lorna Jungle Queen 4 7.0 ow-w Mexican Edition back.jpg