• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gobbledygook #1 & #2 (1984) - Ebay Listing Question

7 posts in this topic

Hello All, 

As I’m sure many of you have seen, there is an EBay listing for GG1 & 2, which has been on listed for several years now.  

Does anyone know the seller (and can speak to reputation)  or have any insight as to the authenticity?  Here is a link to the listing:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/311802847922 . 

On a side note, if anyone has a graded set for sale, I would also be interested.  

Appreciate any trusted insights people may provide.  Thank you! 

22 minutes ago, Turtle said:

@cyberjad

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but are these yours?

Turtle, this is not the set that I used to own. Also, I have not logged in for a long time... I am not sure why my username is changed and my history @ 0 posts, but this is Cyberjad.

Edited by cyberjad1

They look mostly right, but the white border around the edges concerns me a bit.  Typically legit copies don't have that and could indicate a 2nd generation copy was made around that timeframe.  Peter and Kevin did run those off in batches so all ~50 copies from the run don't look exactly the same, but I'd want to examine them more to see if there were more signs that these could be 2nd generation copies.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:07 AM, cyberjad1 said:

Turtle, this is not the set that I used to own. Also, I have not logged in for a long time... I am not sure why my username is changed and my history @ 0 posts, but this is Cyberjad.

I figured it was an outside chance.  Thanks for chiming in.

When they updated the forums a few years ago, they did what they could to migrate everything over, but some things didn't go super smoothly.  However, if you reach out to Architect, he should be able to help you merge your accounts so you can access all your old history/posts on these new boards.  I had to do something similar when the transition happened. 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:07 AM, cyberjad1 said:

@cyberjad @cyberjad1

You're still in the system, thing is in 2016 the boards updated to new software, changing the layout and format. SO..... people needed their account merged, accounts that "aren't merged" yet display the "1" after the board name...... there used to be a link to request a merge, but you may be able  to ask a mod to merge if you're coming back to post again :foryou: 

@cgcmod5 @cgcmod4 @cgcmod10 Maybe one of those tags will work lol anyway :tink: 

image.thumb.png.52d877b5d2009191534a9c266a4b4272.png

image.thumb.png.7275df5dd263c2136ef27da26465bf85.png