WTB: Gobbledygook 1 & 2 (1984); Turtlemania Gold.
1 1

10 posts in this topic

142 posts

@Rich_HennSomeone else mentioned you may have copies of Gobbledygook 1 & 2, as well; but it sounded like it’s a 1986 #1.  Do you have a 1984 #1 & #2; or a Gold (not the modern variant just released; the original one)?  Thanks in advance! 

1,368 posts

Good luck with this search 

Shooting for the stars!

142 posts
16 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Check this thread, 

Thank you for the tag!  That is the reprint from 1986.  I’m looking for the original run, hand-printed by Laird and Eastman in 1984.  I believe there is around 50 copies or less. 

10,678 posts

Those are so easy to counterfeit that I would be VERY leery to drop real money on them without some reliable provenance, such as Eastman himself vouching for their authenticity. 

142 posts
1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Those are so easy to counterfeit that I would be VERY leery to drop real money on them without some reliable provenance, such as Eastman himself vouching for their authenticity. 

Yes; I agree.  My understanding is CGC finally began grading and authenticating them in 2017; CGC essentially sends them to Eastman to be authenticated.  You’re correct they are incredibly scarce and highly counterfeited, so I am looking for a CGC graded copy.  

142 posts
5 hours ago, GLCBrad said:

Good luck with this search 

Shooting for the stars!

Thank you.  Yes; this search didn’t start today.  I’ve been looking for about 10 years now.  I just revisited the effort today on the boards here with some fingers crossed, money and a dream. Haha