• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trimpe Godzilla art question
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2020 at 11:59 AM, christosgage said:

I remember speaking to Anthony years ago about Godzilla art and I think he said this particular cover meant a lot to him because he either lives or lived in Vegas at one time, or something along those lines...I believe you're right that it may be a situation where he'd just as soon not part with it unless it's for the proverbial "offer you can't refuse." Which I get. I wonder if other sellers will see prices like these and overvalue the Godzilla pages they have...like I said, I wouldn't complain if one could actually realize these prices, as it would make my pages worth more, but if I'm being honest I don't think the demand is there. It's like how Sal Buscema Rom pages were cheap, then shot up because there were a couple of folks who were willing to pay big money for them, and now there's a correction going on as those collectors seem to have obtained enough examples and prices are falling more in line with general demand.

Anthony's dad was Jimmy 'the Greek' Snyder, one of the most influential people in sports gambling history. It makes sense he would have this cover in his collection...

On 5/30/2020 at 5:08 PM, Jordysnordy said:

I was lucky to own this beautiful splash page from issue 14 for many, many years until I sold it last year to another boardie. I truly loved this page and I do have a bit of seller's remorse but I do take comfort in that it went to a fellow Godzilla lover who will cherish it every bit that I did.imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761

lf.jpeg

great page!!