• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Action Comics 6
1 1

20 posts in this topic

The cover is detached, spine split 4" at bottom, 1" at top. Water staining upper left quadrant of cover and interior, rust and migration at top staple (not bottom staple). Upper right corner chewed off diminishing through book until last few pages and back cover not chewed. Writing on cover, in "O"s of Action and Comics, and on Gorillas nose. 2 bug holes in back cover upper right (was a cocoon attached there, still some silk). Centerfold nicely attached. Has nice supple cream pages, don't see anything else missing, a tear here and there but nothing major. 

What say thou, CGC Board Mind?

20200522_170337.jpg

20200522_170412.jpg

20200522_170446.jpg

20200522_170524.jpg

20200522_170541.jpg

Edited by Qua-Brot

I give it a barn find 2.0 crow:bigsmile:

Amazing age on it, it survived everything!  Would look great in a slab and deserves a nice life now.

"One man's dirt is another man's patina." -somebody at a flea market

10 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

1.8 with outside shot at 2.0

Someone recording a time on it! What was they doing? Secret meeting three times a week? At 7:15? Such a specific time! Perhaps it was a reminder of some kind? Who knows!

...you know what it was...:devil:...what else would he sacrifice comic cover for?...oh! 1.5, got side tracked.

Edited by Trifisherjoe

8 hours ago, Chief1332 said:

Well loved, and then forgotten.  Hoping you pull a 2.0.  Any plans for making it look a bit nicer, or leaving as is?

I am planning on press and clean, and then grading it.

I read the superman story - amazing that it is so corny and simple, and had to remind myself that the reason they had to explain so much about Superman was that this is his 6th appearance!!! :whatthe: He wasn't part of popular culture yet. Absolutely mindblowing.