• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] LAST CALL! All Golden Age -- "Whoa, Nellie" Special on Page 3! Take 20% Off Anything Left Posted Prior to Red Ryder #1
3 3

86 posts in this topic

OK Boardies, that's everything planned for this thread. Not a lot of comps out there for me on these new offerings, so if you like something but think my price is off, feel free to send a PM. I'll leave it open for a bit, as I'm still running the Uncle Floyd Show over in Mixed (lots of Golden Age reprints), and folks may want to combine shipping. Thanks to all lookers, lurkers, takers, commenters and krappers, as always! (thumbsu

:news: It's time for the "Whoa, Nellie!" Special!

Take BOTH Nellie the Nurse #'s 18 & 19 (top of page 2 of this thread) for $200 :whatthe:

(To clarify, if you just want one, it's available at 20% off, like everything else left. But if you take the pair, that equals 33% off.)

And if you want to make it a Timely sweep, the person who takes the Nellies can opt to take Rusty #20 at $50 (again, 33% off vs the 20% for just the one book.)

Edited by Readcomix

Red Ryder Comics #1 (Hawley; indicia says 1939, Overstreet says 1940). GD minus.

Overstreet calls it scarce; 22 universals on census. Spine wear, some writing/blue ink coloring of white areas on cover (see cow, hat) but attached at all three staples. A couple interior leafs loose in middle but most attached, as is cover.

This is one of the earliest comics to be titled after a single character (y'know, like that Superman guy), may be the first comic to employ the "turned-up corner" illusion on the cover, and features the first time Red meets Little Beaver...ahem...

Anyway, Ebay comps: a very similar but slightly better-presenting copy (from the pix, anyway) went for $299 BIN; a worse copy (most wraps split, tan to brown pages etc.) is asking $150 OBO. Overstreet GD is $258.

This copy: $150

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 5/24/2020 at 8:51 PM, Readcomix said:

Ok, this next one looks like a nice, solid VG but we're going VG minus because it appears as if some kid was drawing on paper over the inside cover, as there's the lines showing through. He also caused a small flap tear in the left thigh of the vile villain in green.

$40 for a classic of a bondage cover.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take it at 20% off