• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got back a 9.6 with no quick press/press. Can you send back to press after grading?

11 posts in this topic

Obviously if you think it's worth it for a shot at a 9.8, and, if so, do they charge you to grade it? (re-grade it if it moved to the 9.8 after the press)

Thank you!

You are charged for each service you want performed.  If you want them to grade your comic again you have to pay again.

you can always have your comic pressed, it’s your comic.  Whether it’s a good idea is totally up to you, dependent on the comic and your personal preferences and situation

but generally, you can pay them to perform the services as many times as you want if you keep paying

4 minutes ago, revat said:

You are charged for each service you want performed.  If you want them to grade your comic again you have to pay again.

you can always have your comic pressed, it’s your comic.  Whether it’s a good idea is totally up to you, dependent on the comic and your personal preferences and situation

but generally, you can pay them to perform the services as many times as you want if you keep paying

Thanks Revat, also if you have a Off-White to White Book... does that actually affect the grade? I have a 9.6 Off-White to White but not sure if it's not a 9.8 because of that or if its a flaw in the book?

Furthermore, can a 9.8 have off white pages?

Edited by DMJWolverine

4 minutes ago, DMJWolverine said:

Thanks Revat, also if you have a Off-White to White Book... does that actually affect the grade? I have a 9.6 Off-White to White but not sure if it's not a 9.8 because of that or if its a flaw in the book?

Furthermore, can a 9.8 have off white pages?

Usually off white to white doesn’t affect the grade

i have an off white Cgc 9.8, though they are understandably rare

1 minute ago, revat said:

Usually off white to white doesn’t affect the grade

i have an off white Cgc 9.8, though they are understandably rare

Thanks Revat, appreciate the response brother

By the way, please be aware that the press might not change the grade at all and you may be wasting even more money on a 9.6.  Instead of wondering if it's worth the chance of it being a 9.8, think about how comfortable you are if you spend all that money and it remains a 9.6. Including everything, it would be another 50-60$ and several months of wait till you know.

You might be better off buying an actual 9.8 and selling your 9.6. At least in that way, you will get your 9.8.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:47 PM, William-James88 said:

By the way, please be aware that the press might not change the grade at all and you may be wasting even more money on a 9.6.  Instead of wondering if it's worth the chance of it being a 9.8, think about how comfortable you are if you spend all that money and it remains a 9.6. Including everything, it would be another 50-60$ and several months of wait till you know.

You might be better off buying an actual 9.8 and selling your 9.6. At least in that way, you will get your 9.8.

Solid.

Couldn't he pay just for the screening before paying for clean/press? I believe the process is where the clean/press examines the book to see if a clean/press will increase the grade. If no, they just return the slab without even opening it. Something like that.

That would largely depend on the actual value of the book. I have done this before where I got a book pressed after getting the original grade but it was a book that going up in grade was worth quite a bit. A 9.6 of something that is a $100 book going to a 9.8 that would be a $150 book isn't worth doing in my opinion. There is still great value in 9.6 graded books.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:47 PM, William-James88 said:

In addition, something may happen to the book in the process and a 9.4 comes back. The suggestion of selling the 9.6 and buying the 9.8 seems like good advice from William, if it's that important.