• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detached but present non-story page

2 posts in this topic

I have a key Silver Age book that looks to be about a 5.0 to my eye (but I am quite new to this) but it has a single page detached (but present). It is a page that has advertisements on both sides—does not effect story. Book is complete, just with that detached (tore off actually).  Presents REALLY well and all other pages look great. What kind of hit do you all expect it would take for grade and would it get a blue label? Also, tear line lines up with page and book (is the original page that came with THAT book)

On 5/23/2020 at 1:30 AM, ngabarr said:

I have a key Silver Age book that looks to be about a 5.0 to my eye (but I am quite new to this) but it has a single page detached (but present). It is a page that has advertisements on both sides—does not effect story. Book is complete, just with that detached (tore off actually).  Presents REALLY well and all other pages look great. What kind of hit do you all expect it would take for grade and would it get a blue label? Also, tear line lines up with page and book (is the original page that came with THAT book)

A book like this will generally receive a green Qualified label with a note on the label concerning the detached page. And it's better to keep the page with the book...