• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMIC ART LIVE con - COMING NEXT WEEK!
2 2

148 posts in this topic

I'm offering up some pieces by Allred, Bermejo, Craig, McManus, Nowlan, and may include a Keown Hulk page.  With the Hulk.  In a suit.  :devil:

I'll also be moderating a talk with Mike Allred on the Saturday between 4-5 eastern, 1-2 pacific.  Feel free to throw insults at me, or ask questions about Mike's art, his collecting (he collects LOTS of things, including original art), and anything else you might want to hear him talk about.

See you on the interwebs!

On 5/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, GotSuperPowers? said:

I'm offering up some pieces by Allred, Bermejo, Craig, McManus, Nowlan, and may include a Keown Hulk page.  With the Hulk.  In a suit.  :devil:

I'll also be moderating a talk with Mike Allred on the Saturday between 4-5 eastern, 1-2 pacific.  Feel free to throw insults at me, or ask questions about Mike's art, his collecting (he collects LOTS of things, including original art), and anything else you might want to hear him talk about.

See you on the interwebs!

Any con-style sketching coming from Doc Allred??? hm

5 hours ago, John E. said:

Any con-style sketching coming from Doc Allred??? hm

I'll ask, but I wouldn't expect it.  He's a busy man so really only allows the distraction/break for a full on cover quality commission and I've been keeping him busy on those of late.  I'll hopefully get him to show them off on Saturday as they are EPIC.  MAD magazine related, Silver Surfer with a friend, and then a DCU double-date piece.

Of course, I’m excited to see him on a virtual panel. He’s the one favorite artist whom I’ve never had the pleasure of meeting in person all these years in the hobby. Thanks for bringing him on board!

17 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Quick question. How does this work exactly? I'm a member of CAF and visited the other con a few months back but that was just pages of art for sale. If I want to buy something from a dealer or an artist themselves how does this go down?

I can't say exactly, but I'm setting up a few pieces to sell and I'm guessing everyone will just be able to browse my stuff from a list of other folks who have done the same thing.  I don't know if there will be an ability to search across all of those selling for the con though.  CAF would have to answer that question.  Once you find something, you would simply contact the owner to arrange the purchase, just like with a CAF sale piece today.

For the panel stuff, you'll be able to see the content in CAF/follow a link to YouTube and it will also be broadcast to Facebook too.  

12 minutes ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

I can't say exactly, but I'm setting up a few pieces to sell and I'm guessing everyone will just be able to browse my stuff from a list of other folks who have done the same thing.  I don't know if there will be an ability to search across all of those selling for the con though.  CAF would have to answer that question.  Once you find something, you would simply contact the owner to arrange the purchase, just like with a CAF sale piece today.

For the panel stuff, you'll be able to see the content in CAF/follow a link to YouTube and it will also be broadcast to Facebook too.  

I asked Bill about a search function on last night's livestream and he said there would be one specifically set up for the con.

32 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

Quick question. How does this work exactly? I'm a member of CAF and visited the other con a few months back but that was just pages of art for sale. If I want to buy something from a dealer or an artist themselves how does this go down?

I thought I read somewhere--or maybe Bill Cox said so on last night's Comic Art Live episode, that he is creating a search function specific to Comic Art Live where you can do a search specifically for this virtual con.

Otherwise, each exhibitor, et al has a "purchase request" button and an email button (for some, Facebook Messenger and What's APP function) where you can arrange the purchase with the seller. I guess if you haven't set up a booth, you wouldn't really see this. In my mind, it'll be pretty easy to buy art.

3 minutes ago, Varanis said:

I asked Bill about a search function on last night's livestream and he said there would be one specifically set up for the con.

Ah...that was you. 

It's funny, between the most recent Felix Comic Art chat, last night's Comic Art Live chat, and your CGC avatar, I finally put together who you are and your collecting focus :nyah:(:

7 minutes ago, John E. said:

Ah...that was you. 

It's funny, between the most recent Felix Comic Art chat, last night's Comic Art Live chat, and your CGC avatar, I finally put together who you are and your collecting focus :nyah:(:

Collecting focus? I have no idea what you're talking about.... :angel:

PANEL PAGE ART will be offering brand new, fresh to market, comic art at the COMIC ART LIVE CON from:

Jack Kirby
John Byrne
Darwyn Cooke
Frank Brunner
Jim Lee
Adam Pollina
Paul Ryan

John Buscema

And MORE!

We will update our site with all the new offerings as soon as the CON opens to premium members, Saturday morning at 10 AM EST.

https://panelpageart.com/

pp-logo-nooca.png

3 hours ago, pestonaccio said:

Just a quick question. Price must be displayed and I totally agree with it, but can I offer one page just for trade (and of course I will type down what I am looking for)?

I’m not sure if you’ve set up your booth yet, but yes, you are forced to put down a price. If you’re not interested in swapping the piece for cash, but in trade, nothing stops you from putting down a ridiculous high price while in the description box writing that you’re more interested in trade. 

However, keep in mind that wanting to do a trade during Comic Art Live and theoretically not listing a realistic selling price defeats the purpose and the spirit of what I think Bill is trying to do here. I, for one, as a shopper, don’t want to go to a con where 2/3 of everything is listed as $500,000/“Trade Only”. If you have other things you’re willing to sell for cash, maybe in your booth description you can write that you have X to trade for Y, and to “write me for details.” Your booth is also linked up your comic art classifieds/MyComicArtShop/For Sale Gallery, so another alternative is to list your “trade only” piece there. 

As Bill has said, this is the first Comic Art Live and, in a way, a test run and will need feedback to make the next one better and smoother. You can suggest to him adding a “trade only” option next time. However, to reiterate my point, I think the mission here is to offer fresh to market pieces with no guess work as to the price or to offer stale pieces priced to sell—things that buyer-collectors really need in today’s market. 

post---script: oh also, I recall Bill writing that anyone who violates the guidelines will have their privileges revoked selling at the next con. Not sure what guidelines though. Something to keep in mind. 

1FBC6F73-722A-4581-B1E2-342D22B9C36F.jpeg

Edited by John E.
Post--script and file

1 minute ago, joefixit2 said:

looking forward to this tomorrow, hoping for a new Sal Hulk to pop up!  Is the max a dealer can list 18?

Yup, max 18, and then 6 for each attending artist.  The idea is to post new content to sites in addition to whatever they're posting to CAF.