• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMIC ART LIVE con - COMING NEXT WEEK!
2 2

148 posts in this topic

I have just navigated the con for about one hour.  Nice experience.  Most of the big items have been going around for some time, bit it is Always nice to see the,  But I have definitely seen a few strong pieces fresh to market.  One in particular I really like but it feels about 30-40% overpriced.  I might try and start a discussion.

I have not seen items marked as sold but I stop looking approx at the USD 800 mark, sorting the itmes from highest price down.  Should the "sold" label appear in the sorting or does it appear only going into the actual page of the seller?

2 minutes ago, Carlo M said:

I have just navigated the con for about one hour.  Nice experience.  Most of the big items have been going around for some time, bit it is Always nice to see the,  But I have definitely seen a few strong pieces fresh to market.  One in particular I really like but it feels about 30-40% overpriced.  I might try and start a discussion.

I have not seen items marked as sold but I stop looking approx at the USD 800 mark, sorting the itmes from highest price down.  Should the "sold" label appear in the sorting or does it appear only going into the actual page of the seller?

dont know about sorting, but I know sold pieces dont show up when you search.

Malvin

2 minutes ago, Carlo M said:

One of my pieces that sold isn't popping up through the "sorter." So it seems like if the seller marked it as "sold" it doesn't even pop up.

Thank goodness for the search function, very handy.  It's more fun going through booths in person.  Didn't see anything I had to have, but was a very fun diversion from the current state of things, so cheers to all the organizers and participants.  

My opinion: Loved the experience, got me "con-level" excited for when it was going to open.  They did a great job on setting it up and organizing it, looks of great pieces up!  There were definitely some artwork I had no seen before.  Only bad thing was I was only looking for one particular artist/title combo and there were some nice pages but they were all definitely over what i would consider current market value.  I have no problem paying for pages but I don't want to overpay just to get the page.  Was really cool to see the pages though, hope they do this again.

Has anyone had trouble with communication? I've reached out on a couple pieces but not heard back. Not sure if my messages are not going through or the sellers are just preoccupied...

21 minutes ago, Noob19 said:

Has anyone had trouble with communication? I've reached out on a couple pieces but not heard back. Not sure if my messages are not going through or the sellers are just preoccupied...

heh, I eventually replied but my intention was always to ignore the early inquiries as I was too busy looking for art to buy :)

I ended up buying something in the regular CAF FS, not from comicartlive, although they also had a booth.

Malvin

26 minutes ago, Noob19 said:

email communication has been fine. I haven't received anything from FB Messenger bu I don't know if someone has tried.

40 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I tried.. it did not work . it brought me to my messanger page without there info

I know it was a little tricky to figure out my FB i.d. I assumed I got the right one. I wonder if there's a way to check if it works, or how it works, for the next con?

37 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

So, how was day one for the dealers? Does anyone have some market report they’d like to share with the rest of us?

Wow you consider day one done? :p

If everyone pays, I sold 5 pieces, and the higher priced ones too so I am pleased. I would have thought my low end stuff would sell too, but oh well, maybe later today or tomorrow.

Malvin