• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

COMIC ART LIVE con - COMING NEXT WEEK!
2 2

148 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

If true, I think this needs a look for the next CAF LIVE con IMHO. I use CAF as a collector and for my rep business and would not want to choose which I had to exclude when participating. My .02 ... YMMV

I’m not a rep so I’m the least qualified to say this; however, it’s my understanding that reps were able to set up a booth with 18 wall pieces PLUS you got an additional X amount of pieces to display per artist you rep. So you had a booth and a sub-booth, sort to speak. However, I’ll concede to any other collector-rep for the facts. 

2 minutes ago, John E. said:

I’m not a rep so I’m the least qualified to say this; however, it’s my understanding that reps were able to set up a booth with 18 wall pieces PLUS you got an additional X amount of pieces to display per artist you rep. So you had a booth and a sub-booth, sort to speak. However, I’ll concede to any other collector-rep for the facts. 

This is correct. I could set up 18 pieces for myself, and then 6 for each artists I represent, and then offer commissions for the artist too.

19 hours ago, JadeGiant said:

If true, I think this needs a look for the next CAF LIVE con IMHO. I use CAF as a collector and for my rep business and would not want to choose which I had to exclude when participating. My .02 ... YMMV

A Booth was associated with a CAF Account, so a CAF Account could only have one Booth. It was a 1 to 1 relationship. Most Dealers I know who are also Reps show both their repped art and their personal art for sale in their booth when at an in-person Con. I don't see why that same approach shouldn't be done with CALIVE. If you have multiple accounts with multiple booths then you're going to have to manage emails coming in from more than one source, it just wouldn't make sense to do this from your own mgmt needs. You could be set up as a Dealer in that Hall and easily share your CAF Classifieds link in your booth description to let people know where more art is available from you. As a Rep, Simon showed both Allred's work and work he owned and was selling in his 18 pieces and I think that worked well for him. The 18 piece limit wasn't prohibitive for buyers or sellers, since many sales happened in each exhibitors Classifieds and Dealer sites during the show, all a result of linking to those places from your Booth.

49 minutes ago, Bill Cox said:

A Booth was associated with a CAF Account, so a CAF Account could only have one Booth. It was a 1 to 1 relationship. Most Dealers I know who are also Reps show both their repped art and their personal art for sale in their booth when at an in-person Con. I don't see why that same approach shouldn't be done with CALIVE. If you have multiple accounts with multiple booths then you're going to have to manage emails coming in from more than one source, it just wouldn't make sense to do this from your own mgmt needs. You could be set up as a Dealer in that Hall and easily share your CAF Classifieds link in your booth description to let people know where more art is available from you. As a Rep, Simon showed both Allred's work and work he owned and was selling in his 18 pieces and I think that worked well for him. The 18 piece limit wasn't prohibitive for buyers or sellers, since many sales happened in each exhibitors Classifieds and Dealer sites during the show, all a result of linking to those places from your Booth.

Thanks Bill, this makes sense along with what others shared. I will be up for the next CAF LIVE CON. 

1 hour ago, JadeGiant said:

Thanks Bill, this makes sense along with what others shared. I will be up for the next CAF LIVE CON. 

Awesome! And Congrats! 

I should add a bit to my answer since I finally remembered glenbru's question to me before the show. I think it was if the Booth could show up in two Halls, ie Collector and Dealer. I had said that was not an option because just like a booth being one to one with a CAF account, a booth could only show in one Hall.

I finally had time to put together both an Exhibitor and Attendee Survey for Comic Art LIVE. I've already emailed the survey link to all Exhibitors. If you were an attendee last weekend we'd love to hear your feedback so we can make the next show even better. Here is the link to our Attendee Survey: https://forms.gle/8P7sSa3sTxsrctNn8